Getting Bleue Extras Out to Play

Does anyone else have problems getting Bleue Extras out of their plastic case? The oil that they were coated with in the 80's seems to have dried and stuck them together. Quite often I find I have to force the case open to get the blades out.

Is there an easier way? Only I have hundreds of these and it would be a bugger if I cant get them out.

Oil dissolves oil. One of the most basic principals of chemistry is that “like dissolves like.” The best way to desolve a non-polar solvent like sebum/oil, is by using another non-polar solvent similar in composition: other oils"
That's what they say. Might be the same in all relations:)-)!

Yeah they are a pain. I took the box apart and manually separated them all out before repacking, it helped but didn't solve things entirely. I ended up giving them away, I couldn't be doing with the buggering about just to get to a blade.
Sounds like Wil's idea might be a goer but I'd hate to add "hairdrying" to a morning routine, especially as I gather you are as "closely coiffed" as I. :)

Apologies for hijacking the thread, but can I ask a quick question about Bleues, please? I received some of the newer, individually-wrapped ones as part of a load of unusual blades sent to me by a member here with something else. Having tried a couple, I found I didn't like them much, but am I right in saying that they're quite different from the vintage ones you're referring to?

Father Ted said:
Does anyone else have problems getting Bleue Extras out of their plastic case? The oil that they were coated with in the 80's seems to have dried and stuck them together. Quite often I find I have to force the case open to get the blades out.

Is there an easier way? Only I have hundreds of these and it would be a bugger if I cant get them out.

I had trouble with a few packs of Swedes a while back. A couple of drops with very light sewing machine oil solves this, they all about fall out.

chrisbell said:
Apologies for hijacking the thread, but can I ask a quick question about Bleues, please? I received some of the newer, individually-wrapped ones as part of a load of unusual blades sent to me by a member here with something else. Having tried a couple, I found I didn't like them much, but am I right in saying that they're quite different from the vintage ones you're referring to?

Aye Chris the new ones resemblance to the old ones stops with the name

Its definitely tricky. I find pushing straight down hard while sliding works pretty well. Anyone finding this "difficulty" reason not to keep the excellent blade in their stash, please let me know. And yes, the new Bleues suck. NOS is where its at.

Father Ted said:

Ted

Send them to me and I'll send equivalent number in Derby's back. They are toffee to dispense. :blush:

Interesting thread. I have a few hundred of these.
I tried a few initially and don't recall any problem but have had real problems getting the rest out of the pack. I thought I'd jammed some together inside. I have found the blades are superb with my Gillette New and are one of the best blades in my Merkur Slant. It's such a shame that they're a pain to get out of the dispenser.

I have been having this problem recently as well, so after reading some of the replies above I have put a spot or two of 3 in 1 oil on the blades in the dispenser.

I will keep my fingers crossed that this method works :)

Back
Top Bottom