General philanthropy on the forum...

I just thought the other day, it's amazing the amount of stuff that we send around, PIFS, BST, I mean, as soon as someone is looking for something, within a short period another member is there to chip in something, a trade or a pif, or a cheap sale, samples of everything from soap/AS/blades are being sent to and from everyone!
Need a handle for a tech? Wondering what this or that blade feels like? What something smells like? Even non-shave related questions, someone is around that can provide a solution or a sample.
A newbie arrives? You send them blades, soap samples, a brush a razor and a sometimes even complete starter kits...

I've only been on here for a few months, and already it warm my heart to see everyone just jumping in to help others.

Having been and being a member/moderator on quite a few other forums, I'm pleasantly surprised by all this philanthropy present here :D

I just wanted to express my appreciation to all of you to making this forum such a welcoming place for everyone :D

Cheers guys! You all really rock, keep up the good work!

Max

I completely agree Max. It's a very friendly, generous bunch here.

Since you joined a few months back, you've really contributed to that spirit as well, from the group buys to organising the Secret Santa.

Makes what "you know who" had to say about here on his blog look pretty ridiculous.

I love 'flanthropy' – in fact, I love most pastry-based goodness. :D

Joking aside, wholeheartedly agree. Great bunch of people, and I am constantly stunned by the friendliness and helpfulness of the folks here.

I'll be doing my bit in the future as well.

Thanks chaps,

Lipsy

I thought that Phil Anthropy was Man City's new left back?

Joking aside (who does Jo king play for?) you're dead right. Lot's of PIFing and general offers of help and products, and everybody seems to try to reciprocate where possible. It's all very healthy and encouraging.

Ian

I agree also. In my short time here I've been the lucky recipient of a 39C, a straight and strop, and just today a Schick Krona all the way from Illinois (with a free soap sample!) - thanks Dodgy ;)

Nothing I've been pif'd will ever be sold, if it's ever moved on then it will of course be as a pif. I've got quite a stash, and need to thin some stuff out soon, and am looking forward to giving something back.

quattrojames said:
Nothing I've been pif'd will ever be sold, if it's ever moved on then it will of course be as a pif. I've got quite a stash, and need to thin some stuff out soon, and am looking forward to giving something back.
I'm with you on that, I've been pifed a few bits over the last few months, I think selling them on would be offensive to say the least, I've already pifed some stuff on, especially samples, which I either liked (and so bought the normal version, and refilled the sample) or stuff I didn't get on with.
Not all my pifs go back on here (most do), since I'm getting a few friends into DE shaving, so they're profiting from these pifs too :D

Max

Back
Top Bottom