Gem Push Button

jds

In a rare moment of spare time yesterday I went through my stash of razors and found a Gem Push Button in quite a cruddy state. Some hot water, Fairy liquid and old scrub with an old toothbrush cleaned it up a treat. What I did notice however was that the head was marked Ever Ready, with GEM on the handle.

I searched for quite a while on the various sale sites and couldn't find any other examples of this. So, what's the story?

Cheers

Jon

As far as I know, GEM razors were made in the USA, while Ever Ready razors were made in England. It is likely that the Ever Ready razors that look like GEMs were made under licence.

Normally the 'G' on G bar razors for example would be on a circular panel on the handle, but Ever Ready 'GEM' like razors would have a blank circular panel. But it sounds like you either have a hybrid razor - a head of one fitted to the handle of another by a previous user, or that there was a crossover period where razors early in the production run had this dual branding.

Greetings

Whilst most British and English made SE razors were badged up as Ever Ready some were badged up as GEM and some Star,

The company was 100% American owned and as far as I can tell they called the tune, there was also a lot of interchanging of parts between the factories either side of the Atlantic and oddballs like this razor do show up now and again, it will be super rare so keep hold of it but I doubt it is of any great monetary value.

Regards
Dick.

Back
Top Bottom