GEM Push Button- Nice Surprise

mpf9ret

Supporter
Supporter
Having returned to non cartridge shaving, I restarted like many others with DE razors.
Thanks to the enthusiasm of TSR subscribers, have been tempted into the World of
Single edge shaving [ ER / Gem only ]

I have brought a few of the earlier ones, and used them. Recently started to look
at MM family, aided and abetted by Dick who lent me MMCP/MMOC. Needless to say,
i intend to buy my own [ CP on its way, with a G BAR ]

In my hunt for MMOC, came across a GEM PB which looked quite nice. RAD kicked in,
so I bid on it and Won. Came from Devon under £ 11 delivered , arrived yesterday.
Though the case damaged,the Razor cleaned up really well.

Needless to say, I used it today, interfering with my MM Trials.Well what a surprise,
quite a nice weight and feel, I even like the Handle. Shave might be described as mild,
but I got a really good close shave,without too much effort. Will see how it goes, but
for me better than MMFW, maybe equal to MMCP. Has everyone been quiet about this
good performer ?.

I received a pristine one myself yesterday. I agree on the mild part, too mild for me so this one will move on to another owner. We all have our preferences. Micromatics are on there way, I just have to try them to see for myself :)

I've had one for a while and wasn't overly impressed with the shave it provided but I'm starting to think its probably user error on my part rather than the razor, much like the Streamline.

Enjoying these write ups Mike, keep it up.

Back
Top Bottom