Gear stuck in customs .....

Thought this belonged here as much as anywhere else, seeing as it's all kinds of shaving gear we've got inbound at any one time ....

So! ....... As per the title, then ........ I'm waiting on a Single Edge that, according to USPS tracking "departed a transfer airport in Heathrow, London, UNITED KINGDOM on June 19, 2016 at 11:10 am." ..... Which, as we well know, is usually their code for stuck awaiting customs clearance and I won't see any movement on that until such time as they stick their stickers on it and send it on through either Parcel Farce or Royal Mail.

Pretty typical, really ...... It takes four days to get from Fort Worth to Heathrow, then an entire seven days to get exactly nowhere.

So I was just wondering ........ Is there anybody else currently waiting for gear to ship in and finding they're waiting longer than usual to see any movement?

Starting to get bored now ....... I want my razor :D

Had an issue recently where a delivery from Delta Echo was shown as delivered via there tracking but 11 days later i was still waiting
What delivered actually meant was customs had added their charges and it was sitting at the local sorting office
Trouble was the customs card must of got lost in the mail
Good job i chased it though the system as it was a couple of days away from being sent back to the US!

I'm in the same boat both my ATT SE and Timeless are stuck at customs. ATT arrived yesterday after travelling all across the US and to Heathrow, 3 days. Timeless been at customs clearance since the 20th.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I think the issue with customs is that there is one timescale for adding the VAT and RM collection charge, and another which runs in series, rather than parallel unfortunately if they decide that an inspection is in order. I had a DE from France held for 5 days just so they could open it up and have a nose around. I would have thought with scanners etc it would be easy to distinguish a razor from Columbian marching powder or a set of ISIS training manuals?

Why were HMRC interested in a package from France in the first place?
I don't know for sure as although they put a a sticker saying they had opened the parcel, it contained nothing in terms of explanation.

My theory is that it's possibly connected with the ready legal availability of items such as flick knives and knuckledusters in France

@wintoid they must read TSR my Timeless razor has finally been processed by customs.

@Nishy this is my current situation...

ATT SE1 - ordered May 11th - dispatched June 15th - in London June 20th - nothing since
Blackbird - ordered June 8th - has to be polished before dispatch so nothing yet
Barbaros TR1 - ordered June 1st - dispatched June 21st - in UK June 25th
Timeless OC - ordered June 25th - dispatched June 27th

I really thought the ATT would be here last week. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom