Gaggia Classic on way

Hi guys

Surprise surprise after stumbling across this sub forum I now have a Gaggia Classic arriving tomorrow. I'll need to wait until next month to buy a grinder so in the meantime I'll probably be using pre ground LaVazza Rossa as I drink it as filter coffee anyway. Just as I want to try them can anyone recommend a decent tasting pod or will I be better sticking to the LaVazza. Going to tescos tonight as my machine will be here tomorrow....

Thanks

I am very envious of you, I have wanted one for ages but getting up at 5am every morning I have had to look into something quieter and more practical...Aerobie Press!

Let us know how you get on with it just to rub it into my nose abit:D

jaycey said:
I am very envious of you, I have wanted one for ages but getting up at 5am every morning I have had to look into something quieter and more practical...Aerobie Press!

Let us know how you get on with it just to rub it into my nose abit:D

i agree.

im going to be doing the same starting friday.

still got to be at work for around 6:30 usually
and moving a good 30-40mins away

when i start flute lessons again ill ask how much sound proofing costs, might be worth it to soundproof the kitchen.

or better yet. there is power in the garage (not attached to house) put it in there with a heater)

It'll come as no surprise to learn that City Link couldn't get their act together to deliver my machine. I emailed them to say I'd pick it up from my local depot that they call the Edinburgh Depot despite the fact it's not actually in Edinburgh. They didn't reply so after a lengthy wait on the phone this morning they finally answered and said it was on the van for delivery today which is handy as I'm away for 2 days which is why I said I'd collect it. Upshot is I can't collect it until tomorrow now. Another black mark for City Link in my book, not that it will make any difference.

I feel for you but I'm sort of glad to hear it's not just me that feels this way - I had an unscheduled trip today courtesy of Parcelfarce. Another phone call to a supplier requesting my delivery costs to be reimbursed as I'm not paying for the failure of their chosen courier. I'm fed up with paying for the mistakes of others with deliveries.

Well after a 62 mile round trip to collect my Gaggia Classic it is now taking pride of place in my kitchen. My grinder should hopefully be here on Monday but until then I have some ground Illy and LaVazza to use instead. I know it won't be anywhere near as good as grinding my own beans but it'll have to do. I made a couple of experimental shots last night after running a couple of tanks of water through it and priming the pump. I was delighted to see lots of crema forming on my very first shot. however having tamped the coffee down too hard I had to bang the PF on the bin to try and empty the basket so the basket ended up in the bin and unbeknown to me so did the little plastic widget that sits in the spout under the basket. The 2nd shot consequently sprayed all over the kitchen caking the kettle, microwave, sink and wall in coffee. Smelt lovely but took forever to clean!!! Will experiment some more this evening but initial results are very pleasing.

simmo3801 said:
Well after a 62 mile round trip to collect my Gaggia Classic it is now taking pride of place in my kitchen.

There's a saying on another forum I belong to: "post a photo or it doesn't exist".
It'd be nice to see what this beast looks like.
Part of me would like to have a machine like this... but at the moment I do quite well with my Bialleti pot (for Americanos, not expresso)

Anyway... photo or not... have many happy hours perfecting your brew (and drinking the stuff)

Well I'm definitely getting there! I bought an Iberital MC2 which took forever to dial in but I'm now at the stage where I know what weight of grinds to put in to give me a double shot in around 35 - 40 secs. Lots of crema with a nutty brown colouration. I bought a big bag of Lavazza Rosa beans to get the grind right so I'm still using them up at the moment. I fitted the steam wand upgrade but haven't had the time to experiment with milk and I need to buy a thermometer first. I also bought the non pressurized baskets. Looking forward to experimenting with other beans!

Ha same path travelled!
Yes I got rid of the plastic widget and the basket.
Then fitted standard double basket.
And the wand.
I do not use a thermometer. Just put my hand on the bottom of the jug until it gets too hot!!!
I think your shot should still run out at about 20 secs for a double.
Have a read round and see if I'm speaking twaddle or not.
I too use the same beans and getting great results.
The mc2 is great. Took a flipping age to get in but now it's there it's very very good.
Try happy donkey for beans.
Cheers
Tim.

Back
Top Bottom