From Russia with love...

Interestingly these are all creams. Don't the Russkies use soaps?

From what I've gathered reading a Russian shaving forum, shaving soap is considered antiquated by the general populous hence why its all creams. The chaps on the forum import European/US soaps and really look down on most of the Russian/East European creams... Having no other choice for 70 years will do that I suppose, regardless of how good the product might be lol.

First impressions about the Polish brand Brutal.

Brutal.jpg

After Shaves
The Brutal Grand smells like the Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla but not overwhelming as the American aftershave. It is more powdry and will not last longer than an hour. I find it very pleasant.
The Brutal classic is a nice scent with top herbal and a basic masculine note. It is a warm scent and it stays very light on the skin. I like it.
Both aftershaves come in glass bottles with nice brand logo but with a cheap looking twist-off cap made of black coloured plastic. Both scents are not longer lasting than an hour.

Shaving Cream
The Brutal classic shaving cream comes in a tube made of alluminum. It got a very soft, almost liquid consistency and its scent is the same as the classic aftershave. It creates a rich, creamy and slick lather.

Brutal Shaving Cream Ingredients:
Aqua, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Oil Fatty Acid, Parfum, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Metasilicate, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citral, Coumarin, Eugenol, Isoeugenol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Salicylate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom