French Supermarket bits

AJP

Guys,

My folks are likely to be goiong to France in the next few weeks or so and not long after coming out to visit us here. To that end, what bits can i ask them to look out for in French Supermarkets? (I have had them pick me up some Monsavon in the past and have 2 spare - so i'm thinking of other bits).

Cheers,

Après rasage Williams Aqua Velva 100 ml
Après rasage Williams Savane 125 ml
Après rasage Mennen Skin Bracer 125 ml
Après rasage Mennen Green Tonic 125 ml
Savon Maison du Barbier 100g (also available in a wee pot)

All those are under €10 a go (most of them are around €5-6)

hunnymonster said:
Après rasage Williams Aqua Velva 100 ml
Après rasage Williams Savane 125 ml
Après rasage Mennen Skin Bracer 125 ml
Après rasage Mennen Green Tonic 125 ml
Savon Maison du Barbier 100g (also available in a wee pot)

All those are under €10 a go (most of them are around €5-6)

That sort of sums it up (you copy pasted that HM, no?)
You can also get palmolive menthol shaving cream in a tube.

Nothing else interesting here... :(

Max

Ask the for some EsCargo!! :lol:

B

AJP said:
Guys,

My folks are likely to be goiong to France in the next few weeks or so and not long after coming out to visit us here. To that end, what bits can i ask them to look out for in French Supermarkets? (I have had them pick me up some Monsavon in the past and have 2 spare - so i'm thinking of other bits).

Cheers,

Skin Glider said:
hunnymonster said:
Skin Glider said:
Agree, but its also gone up when the french took on the euro. I have asked a friend who lives there and he claims 20% on just about everything :eek: :eek:

So prices up 20% in 9 years... it's almost like inflation of around 2% :roll:
Not over 9 years, On the day the euro came into effect !

IF they had 20% on everything when the Euro was introduced there would have been a massive (20%) spike in inflation in France in 2002/3. There wasn't.

Consumer Prices Index France

2001 - 1.36%
2002 - 2.30%
2003 - 2.16%

I was living in Belgium at the time - there was an initial perception that prices had changed dramatically when looking at the prices in stores and on your receipts - mostly because people were used to thinking in small units (60 BEF to the pound) and were suddenly faced with large ones (1.4 EUR to the pound), but since everything was dual priced in EUR & BEF you could instantly see that most items changed only by a few (worthless Belgian) centimes to make the Euro price 'neater'.

Back
Top Bottom