French Soaps

UKRob said:
rum said:
UKRob said:
Looking at the only other expensive soap that I've tried, Creed refill is about £25 for 150 gm therefore £33 for the equivalent weight. Unfortunately the Creed just did not perform with my water so, in terms of performance, there's no comparison.

Just had a look at this and got a bit of a twitch. Are Creed doing a refill now for their shaving soaps? Last I saw they had the soap in a bowl and otherwise that was it. I have not seen a refill for the shaving soap as such, but have definitely seen a bath soap in a lot more scents than the shaving soap.

Does anyone know for sure if this has recently changed?

My mistake - I was looking at ordinary soap - shaving soap is still only available in the bowl at US$ 85.

OK, thanks for clarifying!

Al H said:
i suspect you will get more than 200 shaves out of a 200gm jar. i rarerly use the same soap or cream twice in a week so mine should last years

Al, I was thinking about this and, I suppose it would be very easy to get the kitchen scales out and establish the exact difference in grams after, say, 10 shaves - in order to calculate the usage per shave.

However, if the lovely Mrs Rob caught me doing this, I don't think I would live it down - she already warns friends against mentioning shaving when I'm around.

So this particular experiement will have to be carried out by someone a little more OCD than me.

UKRob said:
Al, I was thinking about this and, I suppose it would be very easy to get the kitchen scales out and establish the exact difference in grams after, say, 10 shaves - in order to calculate the usage per shave.

Except that as you swirl your brush to load it, you'll be adding water to it... so it may appear initially at least to grow... so somehow you'd need to factor in the additional water loaded into the solid soap so you could get a better estimate of the soap weight as opposed to the soap/water sol.

hunnymonster said:
Except that as you swirl your brush to load it, you'll be adding water to it... so it may appear initially at least to grow... so somehow you'd need to factor in the additional water loaded into the solid soap so you could get a better estimate of the soap weight as opposed to the soap/water sol.

Or - weigh soap jar when dry - re-weigh on morning of but prior to 11th shave when dry again - divide weight loss by 10.

Job jobbed as one of our moustachioed contributors might say.

Thanks for the responses guys. There are quite a few choices available then!

I quite fancy the MDC now. I've got to make a dent in the Proraso 'blue' and Rose DR Harris I got for crimbo, then I'm definitely going French.

Cheers

B

I put some MDC in the shopping basket, went to checkout and just before entering my cc details I stopped, cringed at the cost and closed my browser.

jb74 said:
I put some MDC in the shopping basket, went to checkout and just before entering my cc details I stopped, cringed at the cost and closed my browser.

LOL I did exactly the same thing 3 weeks ago, how funny. I wanted to compare it against my soaps. I may have to buy a jar as people have said my Super Smooth is very similar to MDC and I have to see this for myself.

Back
Top Bottom