French deny Wales six nations.

Oooff...only a short one.

I could quibble about a few critical reffing decisions but the French really lost all momentum taking the pen instead of running it with 8 minutes to go, still good defensive displays all round and quite an enjoyable watch.

I will be cheering you boys in the Lions, through gritted teeth.

chrisbell said:
Well, this Englishman was supporting Wales since I doubt we'll beat the Irish by a large enough margin to have won it had Wales lost anyway.

And I'll be shouting England on in their game too, although I think they're going to have to fight hard for a win. Should be a good game though!

Do you think if the roles were reversed the Welsh would be supporting England if they were playing France for the Grand Slam?

Hax said:
chrisbell said:
Well, this Englishman was supporting Wales since I doubt we'll beat the Irish by a large enough margin to have won it had Wales lost anyway.

And I'll be shouting England on in their game too, although I think they're going to have to fight hard for a win. Should be a good game though!

I'm going swimming now so we'll record the match and watch it later.

antdad said:
Do you think if the roles were reversed the Welsh would be supporting England if they were playing France for the Grand Slam?

I can't speak for all of Wales, but I certainly would be. I remember Welsh pubs decked out with English flags during football World Cups. So I suspect they would be.

I expect Wales and England to be seriously challenging the Southern hemisphere teams next season, Ireland are a team on the slippery slide, to many old dogs in that team, with little strenght in depth, Scotland there's not enough quality in the squad to make a impact, France as always remain an enigma, I personally think they will replace the coach because they are playing a very conservative style of rugby that simply doesn't suit the French mind set, Italy, well as always very committed excellent defense good pack of forwards, but same old story halfbacks who are at best mediocre, so next six nations take your pick Wales or England?

Jamie.

Hax said:
antdad said:

I can't speak for all of Wales, but I certainly would be. I remember Welsh pubs decked out with English flags during football World Cups. So I suspect they would be.

Not the same Hax, Welsh football teams play in the EPL and lower leagues so there is an affinity with the English game. Coupled with the generally abismal WC qualifying record of the home nations and who else are the Welsh going to support during a WC, Scotland? ;)

Welsh rugby as the national game is much more tribal and successfull in that respect, nothing they'd like more than dumping out the old enemy or supporting an opposing team , isn't that right Jamie?

Back
Top Bottom