Founders Reserve: St James of London Shaving Cream

3795602462_18af362a4d_b.jpg

3794782895_c2b3fd7b94_b.jpg

Founders Reserve: St James of London Shaving Cream

Price: £5.99
Store: TK Maxx or slightly more expensive online (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bargainbeautyshop.com/product/13.aspx">http://www.bargainbeautyshop.com/product/13.aspx</a><!-- m -->)

I spotted this in my local TK Maxx along with a self heating face-prep and some brushless cream (which I personally avoid having heard horror stories!) at a fairly reasonable price. I'd been wanting to try a cedarwood scented cream for a while so picked one up.

The scent is fantastic, but not overwhelming - I love the fresh, outdoors-y type smell, which will linger (without being strong) for the rest of the day. Having used a variety of creams, the longevity of aroma is certianly above average.

I stuck a glob of the cream into my lathering bowl and used my large silvertip for the first go - I was shocked by how well this cream lathers up! The almond-sized blob of cream created a cereal-bowls worth of lather in no time, all of it dense and slick. The ease and quality of lather is definitely excellent.

Using a tech with a 2 day old feather I got a great shave, and my skin felt good for the rest of the day. Overall I'd recommend anyone to give this a go, it's certainly top of my list from now on!

Chris

I bought some of this frm TK Max a while back with the Hot Towel Mask. Love it, the scent really is nice and lasts all day, also on the brush. My GF always comments on how I smell when I use this(in a good way!).

It is very concentrated, dab the brush in the cream and it makes a bowl of lather

The pre shave mask smells the same and feels great, not sure it actually does anything thought! I use it on the weekend when I just want to play in the bathroom for a while.

C

"Start your shaving regime with soothing mineral notes of Spicy Pepper, Sweetened with Bay Rose Geranium and Patchouli wrapped around Atlas Cedar to enhance the earthy notes. Our soothing blend will clam the skin throughout your daily shaving regime"

Does anyone seriously believe this rubbish?

But what's a chap supposed to do at £5.99 down from £18 RRP?

Hot towel mask now in stash.

It is a little OTT I'll grant you that!

I also bought the self heating mask, and whilst you will look like a twit wandering round the house with it applied, it really gives a nice shave. My only complaint it that it gave me an over-inflated sense of my own abilities and I did nick myself quite badly - pure carelessness on my part!

Wandering round the house! What have I missed? It is supposed to take 10 seconds to heat up. So how long does it take to cool down so you can get cracking?

May have to take a good book into the bathroom.

Fido said:
"Start your shaving regime with soothing mineral notes of Spicy Pepper, Sweetened with Bay Rose Geranium and Patchouli wrapped around Atlas Cedar to enhance the earthy notes. Our soothing blend will clam the skin throughout your daily shaving regime"

Does anyone seriously believe this rubbish?

You can't really blame them for trying; they are, after all, trying to sell their wares. Most of us are susceptible to sales patter: it often validates an 'unecessary' purchase. Having said that, I'd hate to think what kind of gullible fool might be sold on the following blurb for Trumper's Sandalwood (courtesy of gentlemensbest.com), especially the last sentence*:

" Mystery and sensuality smoulder beneath the velvet layers of this rich, exotic aroma. Woody warm murmurs exude the piquant suggestion of pepper from its sumptuous, sultry depths. The opulance of this sacred scent pays homage to the steely, masculine form." :shock:

Now there's an idea for a new thread: 'Amazingly Bad Blurb'

*On its way!

Love the smell of this, almost exactly the same as the Liz Earle cream (both made by Creightons). The price is a bit crazy, considering it's not much more than the £1 Real Shaving Company cream squirted into a glass jar.

Nanny's Sandalwoody! Relax as your razor glides with ease, lushiously lubricated by exotic oils caressing and smoothing your skin. Only the most discenring of Gentlemen can fully appreciate the real natural goodness contained within its unprepossessing brown paper bag. This soap will enhance your life in ways you never dreamed possible. Here are some quotes from happy customers 'I was promoted within a week of buying this soap!!' ' Nanny's soap has changed my life forever'. 'The first time I used this soap the girl I had loved from afar asked me out for a drink.' 'Since using this soap, my cancer has completely diappeared. My doctors are AMAZED!!!'

Sorry, got a bit carried away. :lol:

soapalchemist wrote:

Re: Founders Reserve: St James of London Shaving Cream
Nanny's Sandalwoody! Relax as your razor glides with ease, lushiously lubricated by exotic oils caressing and smoothing your skin. Only the most discenring of Gentlemen can fully appreciate the real natural goodness contained within its unprepossessing brown paper bag. This soap will enhance your life in ways you never dreamed possible. Here are some quotes from happy customers 'I was promoted within a week of buying this soap!!' ' Nanny's soap has changed my life forever'. 'The first time I used this soap the girl I had loved from afar asked me out for a drink.' 'Since using this soap, my cancer has completely diappeared. My doctors are AMAZED!!!'
Ever thought of being Gordon Browns speech writer :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom