Formula 1 2014

I know it's far too early for predictions but testing is underway at Jerez with the first sight of most of the cars and I am getting excited already.

It's looking like it could be an interesting season from first glances, and it looks like reliability is going to be the challenge this year with the highly complex Energy Recovery Systems they now have. So far I think the recovery truck has the record for most laps of the circuit in testing.

As was predicted last year it looks like the Mercedes and Ferrari engines are in a much better state than the Renault one. That's good news for anyone that doesn't want to see another year of Red Bull domination.

The McLaren seems to be in much better shape this year, Jenson is certainly very happy with the car, and has done quite a lot of laps and set the fastest lap times, the extra torque and reduced downforce is certainly going to make the cars more of a challenge to drive this year.

Of course, we have yet to see what Adrian Newey has done with the Aerodynamics on the Red Bull and how fast that will be, assuming they ever manage to get the thing around the track under it's own steam.

My predictions, I think the title will be between Button, Alonso, and Rosberg.

I don't know about predictions, but there are some bloody ugly cars appearing.

I know it is about function rather than form, but goodness me!

Ian

Indeed it seems to be shaping up for a great season. The cars, from what I have seen look great. It will be interesting to see how the turbos stand up to racing too.

IanM said:
I don't know about predictions, but there are some bloody ugly cars appearing.

I know it is about function rather than form, but goodness me!

Ian

The Ferrari nose looks odd, but it's amazing that something like that comes out of the wind tunnel. I get where you coming from with the nose but some of the other features look great.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/25946895

So the next test starts in Bahrain shortly.

I am super excited and looking forward to this season, I really don't know what is going to happen.

I may do another Fantasy Formula 1 competition if anyone is interested, I just need to update my spreadsheet to make it easier to update each week.

I need to think about the prices for the drivers and teams etc...

Lose the beard said:
So the next test starts in Bahrain shortly.

I am super excited and looking forward to this season, I really don't know what is going to happen.

I may do another Fantasy Formula 1 competition if anyone is interested, I just need to update my spreadsheet to make it easier to update each week.

I need to think about the prices for the drivers and teams etc...

I'd definitely be up for another Fantasy F1 competition.

OK, I will set up another Fantasy Formula 1 this year. I will sort out the details once the Bahrain test is complete so I have some idea where the teams are standing, but I will of course take into account what happened last year so expect Red Bull and Seb to be rather expensive.

It's difficult to work out what to base the prices on really as this year is likely to throw up a few changes from last year. Some are easy, I'm comfortable assuming Caterham are not going to be winning anything.

Back
Top Bottom