Flying Eagle - worst blade ever....???

I purchased some Chinese Flying Eagle blades for a good price on ebay (50 for £3.99) a couple of weeks ago and passed some onto Grunter recently.

Today I fancied a change and picked one of these, unwrapped it - good looking gun metal coloured and double wrapped, put it into my Merkur progress, good prep started to shave and.......

Nothing! The blade tugged at the bristles, and didnt cut anything a all! Not one hair!

Grunter has also tried and he confirmed my experience and neither of us was able to finish our shaves without changing blades!

I may have purchased some rip offs, it may be me, but I rather think this is my worst shave ever, and I include cartridges, electrics in this...worst ever!!

Anyone else used these blades and had this experience? I wonder if NtS would like to try a few and add to his spreadsheet??

Please be warned!!

Simon

i bought a few hundred of the pink and white wrapper flying eagle blades, and i think theyre fantastic. i only use them for one shave though, ive tried getting another shave out of them but it was hard work and for the price i paid for them im good with that. i get one very good, irritation free shave from them.

I have to concur with Simon regarding these blades.
I was really looking forward to trying these as I'm aware they are quite well thought of.
Tried both sides of the blade on both cheeks, really draggy,almost painful,hardly any whiskers removed.:icon_sad:
Didn't dare try the neck so swapped to my 5 shaves and counting Rapira Swedish Supersteel which quickly finished the shave superbly.
I have to say the FE's made my Wilkie's laser blades I tried recently seem ultra sharp and smooth.

Ah. I was talking elsewhere about the pink and yellow Flying Eagles. I'd forgotten there were pink and white carbon steel ones.
Thanks for the offer of a try but think I'll pass.

NotTheStig said:
Ah. I was talking elsewhere about the pink and yellow Flying Eagles. I'd forgotten there were pink and white carbon steel ones.

Pity they'll never get used then, someone may want some to try in the future, I will put them at the bottom of the pile!

NotTheStig said:

I know remember there are two colours of FE's.
NTS- Go on have a go, for the experience of using the WORST(currently available) blade ever!
I love my Wilkie Laser's now:heart:

Does anyone know where the pink and yellow FE's can be obtained? -I am prepared to try them but can't find the anywhere
Simon

I was reading an old bread started by Diqiu-Long earlier today about these people - whilst I am fairly computer literate etc, i am just a little nervous about purchasing this way.
Seems to be about a fiver for 100 blades but you don't seem to have much control on the shipping and commissions - have you used this site and a fairly confident that it is secure and seems to work ok?
If so I will ' have a go'!
Simon

Haven't failed me yet! No worries about money but you need to keep an eye on the progress of your order because it can be cancelled for a variety of Chinese reasons that might not make sense to us.

I'd not start the ordering process if you are feeling tired or irritable, were I you. A cool, calm approach helps, as does lateral thinking - see if you can stand in Chinese shoes and figure how it works.

If you order for Mr Tao, I recommend getting other blades as well - Swordfish, Gillette Thins are popular. Check out shaving brushes, too. Oh yes! when creating an account you need a sponsor or some-such. Bechet45 is a good one!

Scswalex said:
I purchased some Chinese Flying Eagle blades for a good price on ebay (50 for £3.99) a couple of weeks ago and passed some onto Grunter recently.

Today I fancied a change and picked one of these, unwrapped it - good looking gun metal coloured and double wrapped, put it into my Merkur progress, good prep started to shave and.......

Nothing! The blade tugged at the bristles, and didnt cut anything a all! Not one hair!

Grunter has also tried and he confirmed my experience and neither of us was able to finish our shaves without changing blades!

I may have purchased some rip offs, it may be me, but I rather think this is my worst shave ever, and I include cartridges, electrics in this...worst ever!!

Anyone else used these blades and had this experience? I wonder if NtS would like to try a few and add to his spreadsheet??

Please be warned!!

Simon

Hi Simon,

Sounds like they are counterfeit to me. They copy Designer Clothes & Luxury Watches so why not blades! It's the only logical explanation.I'l stick with my Gillette Blue Silvers thanks

Back
Top Bottom