Floid Blue gone off!

Hi all,

Well, I've a small collection of aftershaves and this week noticed that my Floid Blue, which I must have had for over a year now, seems to have gone off!

The smell has taken on a smokey scent, smelling very similar to a bottle of Davidoff Cool Water Deep that I also had, and believe went off, and I disposed of!

I have another full bottle of Blue in my cabinet, which I will start using, but I bought that at the same time as the other one, so I'm not building my hopes up that that is 100% either!

Damn shame as it's my favourite - I guess I should have used it more though!

Anyone else suffered such trauma? :)

P

I wonder why? did you ever forgot the lid open? and/or left it under direct sunlight? as I have a small collection of A/S I was thinking why or how long does it take them to go off? I posted a thread here about, if its a good idea to keep the A/S in the fridge. but couldn't get an answer as yes or no.

I've not had that happen to any aftershaves or colognes over the years (i still have a few from the early 90's). Mine live in a dark cupboard. I decant my Floid into smaller bottles and leave them in the bathroom cabinet.

I wont know if my Floid Blue does the same for another 9 months or so.

I have been given some sample frags from members in here that were older than me and smelled wonderful. How did you store it?

I have had the same thing happen as well mind, but I now make sure the lid is on tight, it goes back in its cardboard box if it came with one and then it gets stored in a cupboard in the bedroom, away from any heat or light.

Shame it's gone off though, especially if it's one of your favourites

Back
Top Bottom