Flog it...

During the ads on The Chase tonight, I flicked over to 'Flog It' just to see the tail end of a discussion on a collection of vintage razors! (Yes, I know, I lead an exciting life LOL) The 'expert' hadn't a clue on their value!

It looked to be right up many of our 'collective alley' with some lovely pieces which looked in great condition, with them in original boxes. Anyway, they sold for a stupid £5!!! ridiculously low! Anyone see the full discussion in detail to see what was actually in the collection?

Holyzeus said:
Which channel? Might be able to get it on some catch up

Sorry, thought everyone knew it was BBC2 - catch up no use as catch up on my Sky box goes by 'town name' of the auction location, not date of transmission. Still can't get over all those shiny razors going for a fiver! I saw the flash of some Gillettes, some Wilkinsons, a couple of Shicks and others...

pjgh said:
Complete Wilko Seven Day with all the blades would be £50 ... Rolls Razor could pull £30 if absolutely mint and complete with box, leaflets and a perfect blade.

Paul, you should have a look at the link I posted, it's only a couple of minutes for the razor item, you'd weep!

Shemen Zait said:
Yes the smug auctioneer had no clue, just to show how things turns in the wild..

Yes, I know, a fiver?? I mean... a fiver, a friggin' £5 note took all that home! The seller should sue the BBC for some appalling advice... Still, bodes well for the rest of us as anyone at home watching will think their vintage razors are worth nothing, so we all may benefit from a future bargain! LOL

First off, the seller is a knob as he should have known what they were worth. Second, the auctioneer and the so calleed experts must have access to the web to check up on them. If he let them go for that, good luck to the bloke who bought them. He did say he had some more though, and i have managed to track him down, he has another 50 odd he said i can have for a tenner :)

Back
Top Bottom