Flaky cheeks

Hi there

Been wet shaving for the last few weeks using proraso white finish with alum block then moisturise with le labo or a general moisturiser

Last few days my face is incredibly dry and getting flaky

Any suggestions please

A warm welcome to TSR
Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Hmmm I might suggest leaving the Alum block out for a couple of shaves as it can be very drying to the skin and see if things improve.

@ramonesman , I'm curious - once you'd used the alum were you rinsing your face to remove any residue that might cause extra drying?
I've experienced alum to have a drying effect, but assumed it would be minimised by rinsing. If anyone knows better, let me know.

@ramonesman , I'm curious - once you'd used the alum were you rinsing your face to remove any residue that might cause extra drying?
I've experienced alum to have a drying effect, but assumed it would be minimised by rinsing. If anyone knows better, let me know.
I never used to rinse afterwards but the good people of this parish educated me accordingly and it makes a big difference. These days, I just keep the alum in the unlikely but possible event of a wee nick or stubborn weeper. Thanks @havings. :sneaky:(y)

Thanks for all your help

I feel I was a bit too exhuberant with the alum block I shall use purely for the odd Nick
I was leaving on for about a minute then rinsing patting dry then moisturise

Back
Top Bottom