Fitting a soap puck in a metal tin

I just brought home a puck of D.R. Harris soap (8cm diameter at the top, 6cm at the bottom) in honour of St. George's Day and was wondering what the best way is to fit its sloping sides into an aluminium tin that's slightly larger (9cm)? Would you grate some off the bottom of the soap to fill out the sides or not worry about it and have it fit loosely?

thumbnail.asp
into
412zWZMLapL.jpg
?

Is it a hard soap or soft enough to press down? I'd be inclined to fill the sides although it will probably settle into a fixed position after a few uses.

It's actually easier to load the brush using the curved side of the soap so stick it in your tin flat surface down. Don't believe me...try it.

antdad said:
It's actually easier to load the brush using the curved side of the soap so stick it in your tin flat surface down. Don't believe me...try it.

That's good advice. I always end up with a concave hole in my MWF so it makes sense to put a soap tablet (shape allowing) into a container the convex side uppermost.

I put my MWF in an empty Geo FT cream tub, filled sink with hot water, submerged it for a wee while then squished it at the sides.

I did this as it annoyed the hell out of me rotating at the same speed as my brush as I tried to load it!

If you go down the grating route, I advise you to stick it in the freezer first....

Sticking it in upside down looks like a winning solution as well......

I've got the same tin and a harris soap. I' just dropped the soap in the tin (the same way it would go in a bowl) and have cut the box to place inside the lid. I tend to drain any excess water out of the tin.

The suggestion of putting the puck in the tin upside down, so to speak, sounds like a great idea. I'll give it a try next time I use it.

antdad said:

Yesterday I flipped the soap over in the tin (widest part of the puck down) and it works a treat. Thanks for the suggestion :)

As a few people have said that turning the soap is a good idea I thought I'd try it with one of my wooden bowl soaps. Howevener when I turned it, the part now at the bottom was too big to fit so I trimmed it down and then pressed the trimmings in to the sides. It doesn't seem to have made much difference.:huh:

Back
Top Bottom