First shave with an ER 1912

Ben88 said:
Thanks chaps. I'm on the hunt for one as we speak!

After you try it you'll be posting this...

Ben88 said:
Thanks chaps. I'm on the hunt for a second one and many many blades as we speak!

:icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz:

My second one is on it's way. Brass shiny shiny brass shiny shiny brass.

YorkNeil said:
Great razor: my default. Try it with a cold water shave, followed by Proraso Pre-Post. You will become one with the blade in glorious song.

I'll give a cold shave a go this week with the 1912 mate. Had a cold shave last week using a EJ DE89 after reading the cold shave thread. I liked the outcome. Very smooth skin in the neck with much less irritation. Very pleasant.

The 1912 is so easy to use that I can dry shave with it. I have the winter insulation on at the moment, so I'm trimming, but I can do my neck without problems. Just follow the golden rule: no pressure.

I have a 1912 that looks like it has had very little, if any, use with a Bakelite box that is excellent condition. Was thinking about selling it but after reading reports about how good they are think I'll give it a go. So now will order my blades and see how it goes. Just what I need, more razor blades :(

Micheal

I had my first shave with a 1912 last night and tbh I wasn't too impressed :( I think it might have been me being a little scared of it biting me etc. So will give it a another go, oh and now I understand what the people say about the noise.. my springbok rake makes the same sort of noise while being dragged over the garden haha

Angle is important! Get the cap flatter to your face than you think ... place the cap flat to your face and using the comb as a pivot bring the back away about a centimetre. That's a good starting point. Adjust slightly until you feel it is most comfortable.

Accidentally bought a job lot of three SE razors off the bay.

Friday night and a few neck oils, you know the drill?

So I was a bit surprised when two ER1912's turn up (1 US and 1 Brit) and a Valet Auto strop.

They have all cleaned up a treat! Got me some gem personas from Conaught and grew a pair, and tried the Brit 1912.

What a shave!! Im really impressed with it, after using DEs for a few years I think ill keep using them.

Pity the blades are so expensive.

Great to hear you enjoyed it!

With a box of 100 coming in at about £15, you're likely to get twice as many shaves per blade compared to DE (despite them only having one shaving edge), so their value doubles ... hypothetically, then it's more like £7.50 for 100 if we're doing a direct comparison to DEs.

Or just satisfy yourself that the finer things in life do cost a little bit more ...

Talking of the sound, I know I always have, but tonight I had a silent assassin! It's a '40s GEM Contract 1912 and it was so quiet, eerily so!

Back
Top Bottom