First Run with my 1914 Lather Catcher

Is it me or is it more aggressive than the 1912? I actually cut myself, something I singularly fail to do with the 1912?

I was really surprised, awww, the little lather catcher but God I was wrong! It was a bit of a monster. However I must be strange because I find the flying wing more aggressive than most, must be my technique.

For me the 1912 is still the Daddy though. However my record of zero irritation with SE razors continues

I find the curved head of the 1914 works better for me than a standard 1912 as does the Damaskeene and the Streamline. I seem to be able to get a better if not closer angle.

Be careful of the 1914s. The little tabs that hold the razor are worn or often missing and can cause the blade to move or be I'll seated.
(Don't like them)

The 1914 and 1924 (aka shovel head) are the most aggressive SE, even more so than the early Micromatics. The payoff is that you can get a lovely smooth shave after only two passess. Just treat it with respect and make sure the blade is seated straight and that you've found the right shaving angle.

Back
Top Bottom