First post here and Time to hone my technique

Ok Shave 2 of my little experiment. I have three days growth as I had a busy weekend with the family.

Set up exactly the same as the first with the only difference being this was the second shave of the Astra SP blade. Again another good shave. Not sure if its quite as good as that first one but its close.

Today I eased off on the pressure yet again and just let the blade do the work. I am trying to see just how delicate I can be and I think that this is the key (well at least for me anyway).

Just a couple of weepers again in the same trouble spots lower neck and Adam's Apple. I already feel like my standard of shaving is increasing and that I should have tried to do this from the start. Just thinking about it a little more helps I think and as I am still learning this is very helpful. My shaves are not long affairs either. I think an average shave for me is less than 15 minutes maybe even less. I should time them I guess.

How long is the average shave out of curiosity?

My shaves are not long affairs either. I think an average shave for me is less than 15 minutes maybe even less. I should time them I guess.

How long is the average shave out of curiosity?
No such thing as an average shave. I have a leisurely daily shave, bowl lather in the scuttle and then four passes. Moisturiser to finish. Wipe and dry razor and blade to finish owing to hard water issues. That takes me about 20 minutes.

No such thing as an average shave. I have a leisurely daily shave, bowl lather in the scuttle and then four passes. Moisturiser to finish. Wipe and dry razor and blade to finish owing to hard water issues. That takes me about 20 minutes.

Ok sounds like you have a great routine going there and I am sure as I get better at shaving with the DE I will speed up but I do enjoy taking my time when I have that time. Nothing better than a freshly shaved face.

Back
Top Bottom