First "luxury" watch, Omega Seamaster Aquaterra

Just wanted to share this thing of beauty I bought last weekend. It's my first proper watch and was bought as a sentimental piece to remember my grandfather, who was a keen sailor for most of his life. The lines on the face are meant to represent the floorboards of luxury boats, and the blue face I find representative of the ocean, so I consider it an appropriate piece

On the technical front, it's all in-house, anti magnetic and automatic watch with a clear back to see the movements (the sea master aquaterra is also the new Bond watch, but not this particular model)
[attachment=13538]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427837685.111084.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427837685.111084.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 144
Rufus said:
Very nice watch. Congratulations and you have very good taste. I really like Omegas and have two: a Seamaster Professional Co-axial and an older Constellation, both are automatic.

Thank you. I really have my wife to thank, as she introduced me to Omega and was also the one who suggested a watch as a sentimental piece. Having decided a watch was the way to go my initial thoughts were Rolex or Breitling, on the basis of knowing their name. But I ended up not liking either and the Omega has a very understated elegance that seems to be rare with watches these days. Took a long time choosing it though, originally went in store in January and spent many weeks going through their product book

Good enough to be the first make of watch on the moon ( well, many of us do believe that was the moon ) and tried and trusted by ever so many. Including, I believe , Mr. Daniels who sold them his escapement mechanism. My own retirement Seamaster remains a lovely and treasured item. Many happy years of usage.

JohnnyO. :icon_razz:/.

That is a damn fine, understated looking watch. I do have a soft spot for Omega's. I bought one myself a few years ago (1965 Seamaster De Ville), I kidded myself (but not the wife) that I was buying it as an heirloom.

I do like some of the Tag Carrerra range, not so much Breitling as they always look a bit blingy & over the top for an admin bitch, such as myself. That said, if one turns up on BST for £50 I'm not saying I wouldn't be 'In like Flint'.

Very nice. I promised myself an omega for my 40th 2 yrs ago. Still looking for the one that will speak to me. I know it's out there. Probably a classic deville .
Enjoy the watch

Thanks everyone, appreciate the kind words.

Titch, I love the Devilles. Very nearly got one but the face I liked only came with a leather strap, and I prefer metal for day to day watches

Webcat - lovely watch.
I was toying with getting either the AT or a special edition Seamaster. I did look at the new AT, linked to the new Bond Spectre - the 15000 gauss model. I ended up with a 'Bond' Seamaster.

My Dad has just bought this as a retirement present to himself:
http://www.omegawatches.com/collection/seamaster/planet-ocean-600-m/presentation/seamaster-planet-ocean-goodplanet-gmt

It is stunning and I'm jealous!

rowlers said:
My Dad has just bought this as a retirement present to himself:
http://www.omegawatches.com/collection/seamaster/planet-ocean-600-m/presentation/seamaster-planet-ocean-goodplanet-gmt

It is stunning and I'm jealous!
That is absolutely stunning, just about my dream watch.

Back
Top Bottom