First DE razor, Edwin Jagger DE89

After suggestions I chose to get the Edwin Jagger DE89, arrived last week and I have been using it pretty much every day. Absolutely brilliant I have not been cut once from it yet.

I was expecting to have problems adjusting to it as I have pretty sensitive skin but so far the only problem is a bit on my neck, I have been using the blades it came with to start (Derby) but I have got some other blades that were kindly donated for me to try :), I was also given some Mitchells Wool Fat Soap which I really like so need to order some.

Tried a few different soaps, Mitchells Wool Fat Soap, Arko, Palmolive, Wilkinson crap bowl.

So next things I am going to get, more soaps to try and I need to get a better brush just using the really cheap plain one at the moment, and once I have tried the blades that I have been given I think I will order some more to try.

Also I got my house mate to try it out, and he really like it so I think I can convert him.

Nice Razor. I started with a Wilkinsons cheapo to test the water and then got a DE87. Still a favourite razor and used regularly.

I find Gillette blades (yellows and greens) work well for me with this razor YMMV.

enjoy!

Shayler said:
After suggestions I chose to get the Edwin Jagger DE89, arrived last week and I have been using it pretty much every day. Absolutely brilliant I have not been cut once from it yet.

I was expecting to have problems adjusting to it as I have pretty sensitive skin but so far the only problem is a bit on my neck, I have been using the blades it came with to start (Derby) but I have got some other blades that were kindly donated for me to try :), I was also given some Mitchells Wool Fat Soap which I really like so need to order some.

Tried a few different soaps, Mitchells Wool Fat Soap, Arko, Palmolive, Wilkinson crap bowl.

So next things I am going to get, more soaps to try and I need to get a better brush just using the really cheap plain one at the moment, and once I have tried the blades that I have been given I think I will order some more to try.

Also I got my house mate to try it out, and he really like it so I think I can convert him.

Great razor choice - I love my EJ kit....

bigsimes said:
Nice Razor. I started with a Wilkinsons cheapo to test the water and then got a DE87. Still a favourite razor and used regularly.

I find Gillette blades (yellows and greens) work well for me with this razor YMMV.

enjoy!

Agree with all the above, I started with a 34C but a Jagger is every bit as good, just different.
I think most people like Gillette 7 o'clock's in most razors. Probably the most universally popular blade these days.

Canuck said:
I think most people like Gillette 7 o'clock's in most razors. Probably the most universally popular blade these days.

Especially the bluey-grey Super Platinums - they are really nice blades very sharp and very smooth. The Blacks were good, although not as good as the blue-greys - about the same as an AstraSP for me. I wasn't so sure about the yellows though.

Just about to try some Greens as well, so I've then done the lot!!

fatboyslimfast said:
Canuck said:

Especially the bluey-grey Super Platinums - they are really nice blades very sharp and very smooth. The Blacks were good, although not as good as the blue-greys - about the same as an AstraSP for me. I wasn't so sure about the yellows though.

Just about to try some Greens as well, so I've then done the lot!!

Tried Gillette Nacets?

fatboyslimfast said:
Canuck said:

Especially the bluey-grey Super Platinums - they are really nice blades very sharp and very smooth.

I recently discovered the Super Platinums. Superb blades, they work equally well in my DE86 and Merkur HD. I prefer them to the greens or yellows.

Back
Top Bottom