Finally rejected by B&B!

antdad said:
PC, you signed your death warrant with that act of subordination.

Wasn't it insubordination?

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.pedant.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.pedant.com</a><!-- w -->

Fido said:
Also, "If we continue to see a pattern of otherwise inactive and/or previously banned members hyping your brushes, you run the very real risk of having all present and future references to your business filtered from Badger and Blade"

Best thing that could happen to your business. The notoriety and perception of scarceness will no doubt add extra mystique and kudos to your brushes. Those who want one will know how to get one. Word will spread through the shaving community whenever a new brush comes out. This time next year you'll be a millionaire, as a great man once said!

i am still a member, i just choose not to go on there much, and don't "talk" like i do on here, i just answer questions where i can and pay the odd compliment on some of the nice razors i see...

Whilst i dont like some of the things that go on there, i don't complain much coz without going on there and finding CONUK i would not have come here when i did..and if this forum wasn't here and CONUK was still up and running it would be nowhere near as good fun as it is here......

so one positive thing to come from B&B ;) :D

Fido said:
"I strongly encourage you to take whatever steps necessary to discourage others from hyping your products here"

I think if it was me,my reply messsage would be something like fuck off.
Hmmm althought i would want to keep it as an english gentleman might...so i would instead tell them to piss off.

sunburyboy93 said:
i am still a member, i just choose not to go on there much, and don't "talk" like i do on here, i just answer questions where i can and pay the odd compliment on some of the nice razors i see...

Im pretty much the same,i add and look at the score section,look in the B/S/T section and thats pretty much it,i would rather spend my time here with proper english gentlemen :lol: not the wannabe's on b&b

Fido said:
Somewhat reluctantly I may as well have my final say about B&B.

The furore over my brush on B&B borders on farcical. I neither "shilled" nor asked anyone to express opinions about my brush. Long ago I had reregistered as Dr Jekyll after my Fido ban, pensioned him off and replaced him with Doddery. They threw in an innocuous "must get one, that looks good" remark about the 2201 that was a bit like filling the sea with a bucket of water compared with the overwhelming enthusiasm expressed by others. None of which I solicited. A guy who has over three hundred brushes claimed it was the best bang for buck on the market. Rudy Vey compared it to a Rooney Finest. Hardly surprising that others bought it and expressed enthusiasm!

I was accused of shilling - paying others to make representation on one's behalf. Utterly false and without foundation. I received a message from B&B which I replied to in a restrained and conciliatory manner.

Then today, I received another message which contained the following:

"I strongly encourage you to take whatever steps necessary to discourage others from hyping your products here"

Since I didn't encourage anyone in the first place I find this a little difficult to make sense of.

Also, "If we continue to see a pattern of otherwise inactive and/or previously banned members hyping your brushes, you run the very real risk of having all present and future references to your business filtered from Badger and Blade"

I'm too much of an English gentleman to say what I really think about this nonsense. It's bizarre.

I think if it was me I would have replied stating that moderators whether paid or otherwise are part of the administration of the site and as such not covered by the standard disclaimer that members views are their own. As such all public accusations of shilling made by moderators must be removed from their website forthwith as they are libellous and this is a commercial venture. The only defence would be if they could prove that you had encouraged others to hype your product, which they can't because you didn't and the only reason it got such a great response is that you used your knowledge to ensure it was excellent value for money!

Arrowhead said:
Pig Cat said:
Anyway, maybe we should leave this matter now. They get far too much attention here as it is.
Once again, I think PigCat talks a lot of sense.

Agreed,I feel that we should all draw a line under the whole 'B&B/Other forums have mistreated me' postings now, I set this place up as an alternative to said forums with the ethos of having some fun and offering a more localised discussion place for the European members.It seems to me that we are just going over old ground with these types of topics so can we all move on now and let bygones be bygones.Other places have different opinions on how they choose to moderate their boards so lets leave them to it and enjoy TSR for what it is and why it was created.

Fair Play Boab, while there is nothing wrong with a little mickey taking knowing where to draw the line is all important, maybe you could put the phrase B&B into the naughty word filter so that it comes up a ##Filtered Banned Forum## from now on :p :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom