Figaro P.160

Great Picture!

I have some reservation from last time and any stock left after that will get back to the other. Price will be higher then 3 years ago as I had some cost taking the stock over.

I need to check the box where I left all the blocks as I honestly cannot remember how many block in total I ended up getting.

I hopefully will be able to check the box by this week end.

regards,

Marco

All,

I have now either shipped or reserved the soap from previous request and also responded to other pm.

I still have few bar of soap, therefore can you please PM me if you are interested and we have not yet exchanged messages? Please ensure you read the earlier messages in this thread describing the product that I have found in Italy in an old warehouse, as well as the testimonies from the users that had some from the first sale.

Thanks

All,

I have now either shipped or reserved the soap from previous request and also responded to other pm.

I still have few bar of soap, therefore can you please PM me if you are interested and we have not yet exchanged messages? Please ensure you read the earlier messages in this thread describing the product that I have found in Italy in an old warehouse, as well as the testimonies from the users that had some from the first sale.

Thanks

You need to be all over this lads. One day people will talk about the mythical 160 and you will rue the day you blew your chance to buy some.

Marco is an absolute diamond to deal with.

The 1kg blocks through dehydration and age weigh about 650gm to 750gm on average. Cut a piece off grate it put in a bowl hydrate it by use and your block will last years.

It's on a par to old spice and the best vintage soaps

In my opinion it's the best

Last edited:
FWIW, when RazoRock introduced the second version of their P.160 many proponents of the original declared it as good as the Figaro version if not better.
In my opinion it was alright but totally different

It's a totally different soap to the reworking. Colour and texture.

Marcos p160 is the original hard soap version. And has a yellowish colour.

Now I have not tried the original 160 soft soap so I assume razorock have reproduced the soft stuff

In a way it's wrong and could be construed as misleading that razorock are allowed to use the name.

Last edited:
How can you honestly state as such when you have not compared the two (soft versions) nor know what sort of licensing agreement they have?
That's a fair point. i have used the hard version for years. It is the same ingredients as the soft. Every report I have read said they are identical performances.

I have used the razorock. They have bought the formula and name but they can't replicate it 100%. so yes it could be wrong and misleading to use the P160 brand.

Time and again brands are sold and the new owners try to bring out a copy which never quite matches to the original regardless of claims.

probably as irrelevant as trying to compare the two in the first place.

Buy a block of Marco and see

Last edited:
As explained in my original post, the Figaro P.160 I found is not the later version that was sold by the Italian Barber/Razorrock company and made by the recreated company "nuova elberel" owned by Italchimica. That soap had already been reformulated some years back when the name figaro was removed (all the info in my initial posts) and is to the reformulated one that all comparison you read on the internet are generally made.
The one I found has not been on the market for years, and has a more natural formulation that the latter version. I asked my Italian barber (whom I have known since the early 1980's) and he told me that it was ages since he last saw that type on the market and it was then that he swapped to proraso.

Just to add, that I have had a block of Vitos for few years now that from pearl white start turning yellowish and harder as well, so I wonder if this old Figaro P.160 had a similar colour /consistency when new.

Interestingly the guy has copied most of my posts on this and another forum; the packaging in yellow/red is the soap I have found and he probably have acquired it at the time of my eBay listing.
One major misinterpretation in that post is the fact that the "nuovo" in the packaging would not have been added if it was a new product to market, but almost certainly for a reformulation/re-launch.

Also it is highly unluckily that Tcheon Fung Sing is producing the Figaro for MilMil. Apparently the gold version with argan oil is marketed by Tcheon Fung Sing and I guess produced on behalf of milmil for Tcheon Fung Sing. Please bare in mind that there are several soaps marketed under different brands and found across Italy that are basically the exact same product and are all produced by either NB or MilMil directly

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom