Figaro P.160

Just wondering...

What have of special this soap appart from its rarity?

There are other italian tallow based soft italian soaps and don't know if this one is better in terms performance, scent, properties...?

Somebody could clarify that?

Cheers!

Sorry, I am still waiting for my friend to come to London with some of the stock. Will update the thread one I have it here.
Also answering some of the questions around this soap, this is a legendary soap that was used by virtually every Italian barber when it was available. There italian shaving forum full of people complaining about it being discontinued...

Apologies for the long delay but only managed to get the stock in the country in early June and have been testing it since. I have put it up on eBay, http://bit.ly/12yS5HG

As in the advert, the soap has lost all the known almond aroma and simply smell of traditional soap, I think of Marsiglia soap..

I have been using it for a month now and simply I cannot think of a better shaving soap. I was thinking of remilling it and add scents and/or pure oils but then Thought is better like tht so it does not clash with my post shaving routine scents.

Edit: i have updated tge ebay advert as i have now weighted all of them and weight vary from 650 to 720 without the carton box but with film

I am extremely surprised nobody has bought this soap apart from me.
I thought these were highly regarded and GBP10 is next to nothing for such a brick...
What's the thinking?

There are quite few "watchers" for the item and have received private contact to ship outside the EU as well, so I think I will seel most if not all of it. I did try to gather opinion on my original post if it was worth portioning and no one actually comment on it, however, if there is any stock left at the end of the advert, I will portion it, probably in 150g pieces and see if it seel fasters.

Also, let me use this post to point out that due to the "vintage" age, and the fact that I am everyday more convinced that these were 1kg block that lost all the moisture (30-40% of weight- considering that aqua was the main ingredient on the list), you probably need more water in the brush then you are used to to make it leather well.

Back
Top Bottom