Fido's New Forest Superior Badger 2201

Fella's I realise you mean't well but let's not turn this into a discussion thread about what you would prefer, there are plenty of brush makers that will happily make you exactly what you want.

antdad said:
Fella's I realise you mean't well but let's not turn this into a discussion thread about what you would prefer, there are plenty of brush makers that will happily make you exactly what you want.

Spot on as usual antdad. There is limited demand for very small knots and anyone who wants those and/or a tailor made handle of their choice will be well and better served by resident brush makers who can produce high quality for a fair price. I have brushes from Neo, Beejay and Henk and soon, one from Rudy Vey. They all do a great job. I'll concentrate on really popular sizes and top badger grades which I can order in sufficient quantities to keep my prices low. I hope to encourage fellow shavers to enjoy a collection of brushes - including one of mine! It's good to ring the changes. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Fido said:
antdad said:

Spot on as usual antdad. There is limited demand for very small knots and anyone who wants those and/or a tailor made handle of their choice will be well and better served by resident brush makers who can produce high quality for a fair price.

Point taken gentlemen however I was trying to be complimentary about Fido's brush work not actively push for another style.

You may both be right though, I'll stick with the Simpsons and Vulfix range.

:?

Just used Fidos brush for the first time. The nearest thing I have in comparison is my Neo custom 24mm Finest 2 band.
I found the brush to be excellent. Picked up proraso soap easily, and face lathered a treat, a really nice massaging effect - could even be a touch softer than the 24 mm finest? Fidos specs were dead on for me: 20mm and 50 mm loft. I like the ergonomics of the handle - really nice to hold. Lettering seems ok to me, maybe slightly lighter in places, but thats really no big deal.

Since getting the neo custom some time ago, I havent used any other brush as I found it to be the best I have. I will now rotate the fido and the neo I reckon.
I still (probably) prefer my neo custom (hey, its a custom brush), but fido has done an excellent job here and for the price he is charging for this, you would be mad not to get one.

I look forward to seeing the other offerings you have in development fido.

Oh, I was just musing aloud about the travel brush, really. To return to the matter in hand, Fido's clearly got the design brief for the brush spot on, and if the price settles at say £35, the 2201 should still scare the pants off some of the more established makers. If he chooses to keep the business low key and cater just for enthusiasts on the forums, then the competitors will have something to feel mightily relieved about.

Can't believe I missed this thread.

Pig Cat said:
That's great chaps, thanks for the comments. I'm very interested now. I prefer wooden handles and have heard a rumour that Fido will be producing a version in wood so I'll try to hold out until then.

I love wooden handles myself. I'm tellin you mate I wouldn't pass one of these up. I'm a boarman and this is great performer. You won't be disappointed. Furthermore these brushes aren't mass produced but only limited quantity. It's best you picked one up.

Pig Cat said:
Fido said:
The fun will really start when I list on other bigger forums and elsewhere.

Yes that certainly has the potential to create an interesting reaction. :D
Maybe instead of model numbers you could name them on a theme. Perhaps hotels in Mayfair

• Dorchester
    Raddison
    Connaught
    Flemmings[/list:u]

That might pose an interesting dilemma!!!

The 2201 is a first class brush. It has plently of backbone with soft tips & lathers up a storm. Not too mention that the handle feels good.

Thanks again Fido!

I am very satisfied with my "Fido". Face lathered today and it´s one of my ansolutly best brushes (I´ve got 11). Its excellent for face lathering, but works great with bowl also and it´s getting better for each time. It had the softest tips/touch today, but still with a good backbone. I like it, a lot! Good work Peter and thank you for a very, very nice brush!!

Back
Top Bottom