February 2017 Aquisitions

100 Derby Premium DE blades from eBay

I've used one blade for three shaves and don't think these live up to the hype they seem to be getting of late. I'd put them between a Sputnik and a Feather. For me they're slightly too aggressive/sharp and along with that comes a little irritation. I don't get along with Feathers at all and these Derby blades are a bit Feather-like. They seem to work well with a mild razor though.

Acquire_20170218_zps646y1naq.jpg

Received full pucks of Calani Oriental Plum & Iberian Sun from Shave Dash, initially I was going to order samples of both but thought what the hell, and plucked for full products instead. They smell lovely, especially the Oriental Plum. Received a free sample of Wickhams Cashmere, which smells great!

Also picked up a Limited Edition Wilkinson Sword brush from ASDA, can't see me using it but it looked nice. Maybe good for a Made in the UK shave

My Elite Razors brush arrived today. Unfortunately I did get stung with custom charges, which I could have done without but hey.

@Blademonkey
@Shave to the grave

The service from Bob has been top notch from start to finish, great bloke. It took 4 weeks in total from placing the order to arriving at my door.

The handle is made from Honduran Rosewood Burl and the knot is a Manchurian Bulb 26/52.

Used it tonight and I'm impressed. It made a lather very easily and felt great on the face. It's early days but I like it a lot.

Here's a few photos. The lighting and my camera skills are terrible. I will take some more in the day light soon.

After the shave and towel dried

My Elite Razors brush arrived today. Unfortunately I did get stung with custom charges, which I could have done without but hey.

@Blademonkey
@Shave to the grave

The service from Bob has been top notch from start to finish, great bloke. It took 4 weeks in total from placing the order to arriving at my door.

The handle is made from Honduran Rosewood Burl and the knot is a Manchurian Bulb 26/52.

Used it tonight and I'm impressed. It made a lather very easily and felt great on the face. It's early days but I like it a lot.

Here's a few photos. The lighting and my camera skills are terrible. I will take some more in the day light soon.

After the shave and towel dried
Absolutely stunning Rob.

View attachment 23723 Recieved today, my Semogue 2000 boar brush, very nice indeed.

Would love to hear if you think it rivals your Omega 48 or Zenith Barber brush @Blademonkey ! A friend of mine told me that apparently many Barbers in Spain and Portugal favour this brush for use in their shops (due to it's size) Always fancied one, but never tried it. Hope you enjoy!:cool:

Last edited:
Would love to hear if you think it rivals your Omega 48 or Zenith Barber brush @Blademonkey ! Apparently a friend of mine told me many Barbers in Spain and Portugal favour this brush for use in their shops (due to it's size) Always fancied one, but never tried it. Hope you enjoy!:cool:
Thank you, it is the largest knot semogue produce at 25mm and I have read some very good reviews regarding it.
I will let you know my thoughts once I have used it for a while. :)

Back
Top Bottom