February 2017 Aquisitions

View attachment 23426 Received yesterday, 800 of these superb blades on offer at Gemstone Trading. I have @Blackmass to thank for turning me on to these after he was kind enough to send me some a while back and on first use I thought they was much like Astra SPs but after using them for some time now I have come to realise that they are so much more, I have found these to be a fantastic all round blade that for( me )work with all of my razors and work really well. Not that I am knocking Astra SPs which I still like, I just find these to have the edge as I do with my Polsilver (Lodz) stainless blades. Needless to say but I won't be needing to be buying any DE blades for the foreseeable. :)

Glad you like them. I would have said they were my favorite blades until last week.

I tried the Gillette 7 o'clock super stainless', green packet. They are very smooth and sharp. Worth giving them a try.

I hope you are keeping well mate.

Glad you like them. I would have said they were my favorite blades until last week.

I tried the Gillette 7 o'clock super stainless', green packet. They are very smooth and sharp. Worth giving them a try.

I hope you are keeping well mate.
Thanks, I will try a pack and see what i think......always willing to seek out quality blades in my quest for perfection! :) well thank you, as I hope you are.

So far (more in the mail):

Maggard MR14 handle.
Maggard Orange Menthol soap.
Fine American Blend soap. (and the empty TOBS below it to fit the puck).
Antjies Rooibos & Rosemary soap.
Soap Commander Fortitude soap.

20170204_DSC_0018.jpg
Such a shame maggards don't post aftershave across the pond. As they have some great products.

Fine Snakebite and a small quantity (circa 40mL) of Myrsol Blue arrived today. Will have a quick whiff of the Myrsol soon and will probably try out the Fine a little later.

Funny how sometimes your day goes. Missed the bus so got back from work late, too late to walk home from the town as I have to be there later for school pick up. Having time to kill I went in the local antique shop. Never usually lucky to find anything. Sat there on a shelf a nice condition all bar some soap gunk sat a razor with no price on. Asked, she rang the owner, £5. Snapped it up ! Now have what I think, someone will correct me if I'm wrong, a English Aluminium LD Paperclip Rocket ! Very pleased !!!!

Pictures to follow as I need to give it a light clean first.

509cfa8f39b24895497061c3f39b72dd.jpg

672aa9a71c5d0ca578a5ec91d7c3b0cf.jpg
7d2adbeac1102aaa7eb5ff3f4a917922.jpg

Further clean needed, but a fairly nice example. It was gucked up and a Gillette Blue Blade was still in which had an E1 code. Razor its self isn't coded. Smooth ad n to the doors and even gaps. I'm a happy man.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom