Feathers question

Ive not used feathers for a while now,come to the understanding that i only have a light growth of beard as i can get away with shaving every 3 days.Found that almost any blade used with hd500 or the aristo juniour with a good quality soap/cream and good prep/lather produces a nice shave regardless..really liking these asco orange that came in my secret santa.

I get three shaves with Feathers, however what I have noticed is that for me when they go off they really do off suddenly ......... like right in the middle of a stroke sometimes. Which is why I only go for 3 shaves although they may well do more. If you found that you only got the one shave then maybe just give another Feather a try in case the first one was a baddy ; if the same thing happens again then just move on to a more acceptable blade. Too many nice blades out there to bother with one which disappoints.

JohnnyO. :geek:

Some interesting experiences and views have been put forward and, as I am becoming rapidly more aware with this new "hobby", it is very much a case of everyone will have differing experiences. I think I will be using the blades just the once and only for special occaisions in future.

I have just had a shave with a 7 o'clock and aside from aggravating some of the worst niks from yesterday, I found it an altogether smother shave, so much so, that I would go as far to say that if it hadn't been for the battle scars from yesterdays blood bath, today would have quite 'possibly' been my first nik free DE shave. :D

I will run wth the gillettes for a few days I think, although I have a few Asco oranges, so I might give one a whirl later this week.

Thanks for the info everyone. The quest continues.... :shave

I'd go with what you said about the Feathers.

You may find that the 7 o'clocks improve after the first pass; I find that those blades initially feel rougher when first useed but calm down to a nice, satisfying smooth shave on the second or third pass.

Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom