feather as-d2

Hello gents
I have just ordered a feather as-d2 from canada
And just wanted to know what you guys think about the razor since i cant find any info about it here

Type site:theshavingroom.co.uk as-d2 into Google and you will have an abundance of threads to read about the Feather.
It is my most used razor and is perfect for a regular, easy, comfortable shave. Pair it with a nice sharp blade and you can't go wrong.

I've been the proud owner of an AS-D2 for about a month now and rate it very highly. It's almost a piece of design art, Very well balanced in the hand and gives a very close but really mild shave every time. I've been using it with Swedish Supersteel and Lab Blue blades so far and am really pleased with the results.
A big thumbs up from me.:icon_razz:

I have an AS-D2 that I use in rotation loaded with Polsilver I's. I find it gives a good, but mild shave with a narrow sweetspot. However, I personally don't like the supplied handle - it just doesn't feel good in my hands - and consequently have it handled with a Tradere.

Ho! ho ho! I'm getting news here! I have been under the impression that an As-D2 is about as useless as an As-D1 on a Western beard - just plain way too mild for most people with a few admirers who love it.

Are you the As -D2 lovers? And for most of us it is next to useless? Or do I have this razor all wrong?

I use my As-D1 as a decorative item.

I believe I have the only AS-D1 which gives an excellent shave. There are days, particularly when I get up at 4am, when I just don't want an aggressive razor. But the AS-D1, particularly with a feathers blade, gives a smooth and close shave reliably.

49er said:
I believe I have the only AS-D1 which gives an excellent shave. There are days, particularly when I get up at 4am, when I just don't want an aggressive razor. But the AS-D1, particularly with a feathers blade, gives a smooth and close shave reliably.

I agree with you on all accounts.

Simon

Thx guys i ordered it from canada becuz it Was much much cheaper than here in sweden, i think i saved about 100 US dollars AND i also got 50 feather blades and 6 sample blades, soaps and aftershaves for free. Still havent recieved it tho, probably next week. . Well i have western mixed with middle eastern beard so its not a light but also not very heavy beard. If I use merkur 34 with a la blue persona i wont get a bbs If that CSN explain my growth.. I have to go with feathers cuz other blades gets dull after 1-2 shaves. Anyway i will keep you updated as soon as i get mine. Literally it stood between the asd2 and ikon oc dlc. Might pick that one up aswell if its any good. And btw, i sa geofatboy use the asd2 with a very heavy growth and he still got a really close shave, maybe you guys dont use it properly? Ive heard you need a different angle for it to work well
Cheers

Bechet45 said:
Ho! ho ho! I'm getting news here! I have been under the impression that an As-D2 is about as useless as an As-D1 on a Western beard - just plain way too mild for most people with a few admirers who love it.

Are you the As -D2 lovers? And for most of us it is next to useless? Or do I have this razor all wrong?

I use my As-D1 as a decorative item.

If your AS-D1 is from the same batch mine was from, then using it as a decorative item is about right. It didn't even deliver the blade edge to my skin.
The AS-D2 is a very different shave and I struggle to see how anyone could fail to get an excellent shave from it. For those who seek aggressiveness - look elsewhere. My preference is to shave with a milder razor that efficiently and comfortably takes all of my beard off. This razor does that.

Just got it and tried it this morning before work.
It Was a very comfortable shave and sometimes i had to check to see if the blade even was cutting but it did. Just a bit milder than my merkur 34c hd.
First impressions: beautiful and very heavy but also very mild, on the edge of beeing too mild but it gets the job done. Tho im finding it hard too see if its worth the money..
Thinking of selling it and buy a ikon oc, only because i want a more aggressive razor. Otherwise for sensitive skin it cant be beaten
Peace

Well its a very expensive razor and im sure you can find a razor a tenth of the price that gives a equal shave, however that razor wont be in all stainless steel and will probably not be as "gentle" and have that premium feeling. I used quit a bit of pressure using it this morning but recieved zero cuts and irritation. If Id have done the same with my merkur, my face would have been all f***ed up. So with that being said, if you have really sensitive skin, this is the razor for you and will last a lifetime. But if your skin (like mine) can handle more then you may want to go with something else. To be honest i would have ordered the ikon dlc open comb or slant bar instead.
1: also in stainless steel
2: alot cheaper (you save 70-100 usd)
3: shaves closer with each pass and is the best looking razor with that special edition handle imo

Edit: dont get me wrong its a great razor but im just not convinced its worth the price. Hard to say this knowing i just payed so much for it but well, just being honest..

Back
Top Bottom