Favourite London House Fragrance

What is your favourite London fragrance from the houses of Penhaligon's, Floris, Truefitt & Hill, Geo F Trumper, DR Harris and Taylor of Old Bond Street or even Czech and Speake. Some may remember Crown Perfumery, and Dukes of Pall Mall which have been copied by Anglian Perfumery.

I have a few Eau de Cologne's, Eau de Portugal's,
Lime and Citrus scents.

How many are similar?

Arlington/Castile/GFT

Wellington/Blenheim Bouquet

Wild Fern/English Fern (Discontinued)

DR Harris Arlington is next on my wishlist.

GFT for me, I especially like Eucris, Spanish Leather and Sandalwood. Floris a close second. For some reason I don’t get on with Penhaligon’s.
I have more Penhaligon's followed by DR Harris and Geo F Trumper. This was because the outlet store was 10 minutes away before I relocated from York.

Czech & Speake #88
Floris Special 127
Floris Elite
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet
Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet
Penhaligon's English Fern

Not really that impressed with anything made by the barbers or the chemist. Ironically, my favourite is made by a company famous for its taps.

Penhaligons has lost its way since being acquired by Puig, they discontinued the best scents and watered down what remained... The less said about their newer released the better.

I always wanted to like Floris, beautiful presentation and the Fleming connection but sadly it's just not for me. I've tried quite a few and they just smell plain bad... Santal being the most palatable so of course they discontinued it. I have it on good authority No.89 and Elite have been reformulated and are shadows of their former selves.

TOBS entire product line basically exists for American tourists... Speaking of which T&H was bought by Americans a decade or so ago and they immediately set about reformulating every scent but kept all the original names, they are all clones of popular mens perfumes.

Geo Trumper are special. They don't follow trends, in fact I honestly think the proprietors still think it's 1922. They have some unique scents, I don't love most of them but respect the brand for going their own way.

Czech & Speake make some beautiful complex scents, easily the only London house which passes the sniff test, I would put them on par with any perfumer.

So, yeah...

C&S > GFT > Everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom