Fatip razor's any good?

I am thinking of adding a razor to my rotation. And was wondering what to get. I have seen Fatip Piccolo and Grande's mentioned. I have read the finish isn't too great, but they're supposed to give a good shave.
Can anyone, if they have one tell me if they're worth adding in, or not.

I own a Fatip Grande, it gives a very close shave. In my opinion it's up there with my R41 as regards aggression. Ok,the finish is'nt top notch but nothing to put you off purchasing one, very reasonable price wise aswell.

like putting your face into a running petrol mower.

no, bit harsh that, they are a little on the aggressive side though! mine is now gone, but i thought the finish and build was ok. was used when i got it as well!

£14.81 delivered from yourshaving with code: ysc

http://yourshaving.com/en/razors-and-blades/184-fatip-razor-blade-nickel-plated-handle-long-mod-42105.html

I read somewhere that the Grande's handle is hollow while the Picolo is solid and actually heavier at 72g vs the 66g of the Grande.

I got both a piccolo and a grande.

Excellent razors and give a great shave, especially if you have 2 or 3 days worth of growth which is just perfect for them.

The handle on the grande is hollow but I find it slightly better balanced than the piccolo which is just a touch too thin, handle wise for me.

Just to give a contradiction to the QC issues mentioned above, the very nice finish on my grande has slowly been wearing off, so you can see where I hold it as that's where the finish has come off. It's a nice handle though.

Fatip with a Personna Lab Blue in it is a fantastic shave though, efficient and I don't find them aggressive. Gets pretty much as close as an R41 but without the concentration required and it's happier with a wider range of blades.

and dont listen to any one saying its the same head as the Joris,,,,its chalk and cheese away

the grande is a fine razor to use...defintely lighter than the muhle r41 on your face

As I say every time someone asks this question - buy the cheapest of the two. Throw away the handle and fit a Templ8 stainless, you'll then have a very most excellent razor! The Fa Tip handles really are crap and the razor needs mass adding to work optimally.

I bought the Piccolo from the BST. I have a Matador El Gordo razor which has a small handle, yet the handle is quite heavy at 61g. So should add a bit more weight to the razor. Looking forward to trying this out.

Back
Top Bottom