Face scrubs / cleansers

I mainly use the clay mask because I get oily skin. It's used to remove excess oil and also remove impurities and blackheads.

Holyzeus said:
Bulldog scrub on areas i dont shave and L Oreal charcoal wash

I also use the charcoal wash from time to time... Do you find that it leaves your hands feeling weird? Like a really dry feeling. Or is this just me?

The Anthony Logistics Facial Scrub is expensive but works really well.
facial-scrub.jpg

If your not looking to spend too much, the Bulldog Original Face Scrub is a great choice. I recommend any of the bulldog products as they all seem to work well.
original_face_scrub.jpg

Sorry Nicked only just seen your post, no just you!
I use it most days whilst in the shower, just bought the new Volcanic one to try

salop sniper said:
Whats the clay mask actually do or is it just a gimmic ?

ATB

Matt

Clay masks are actually quite cool, (not as girly as they seem) the clay sinks into your pores and as you wash it off it takes any oil with it, preventing blackheads, in-grown hairs... etc

Nicked said:
I mainly use the clay mask because I get oily skin. It's used to remove excess oil and also remove impurities and blackheads.

Holyzeus said:
Bulldog scrub on areas i dont shave and L Oreal charcoal wash

I also use the charcoal wash from time to time... Do you find that it leaves your hands feeling weird? Like a really dry feeling. Or is this just me?

I didn't really like the charcoal wash, I had the dry feeling on my face.

Omp said:
Currently using Natio face scrub and daily wash. Very good.
Clinique is probably the best I have used but I'm not happy spending that amount.
Bulldog is good value.

Yeah, Bulldog is good value and the face wash is quite astringent and refreshing. Clinique is indeed the best. True, a bit more expensive but you only get the one life and I feel I'm worth it.:icon_smile:

Having tried all the washes/cleansers available in Boots and supermarkets over the years, I switched to Clinique for a few years, now I find that the only product that leaves me without spots, dry skin or any complaints is Clarins.
Yes its expensive, but a little goes a very long way.
The face wash will last 3+ months and the shave gel maybe 2+ months, moisturisers etc will last for ages too, plus they always throw samples in the bag :)

I got a Nanny's Himalayan Salt and Lime scrub, really good product - leaves your face well moisturised after use and the salt in the scrub, although a little harsh if you are too aggressive, really opens up my pours. Nice smell too.

As an aside a lady barber once told me to use a facial scrub at least 3 times a week.

I am a big fan of the Elemis face scrub, works really well and smells divine. I ran out over the weekend (thought I had another tube :( ) so had to grab something as a temporary replacement. I discovered Rock Face scrub. Not bad at all, lovely invigorating scent (can't quite put my finger on what exactly it smells of), and the abrasives are just right. I might just do a proper review today for it :)

Rockface_Facescrub.jpg

nick_s said:
I am a big fan of the Elemis face scrub, works really well and smells divine. I ran out over the weekend (thought I had another tube :( ) so had to grab something as a temporary replacement. I discovered Rock Face scrub. Not bad at all, lovely invigorating scent (can't quite put my finger on what exactly it smells of), and the abrasives are just right. I might just do a proper review today for it :)

Rockface_Facescrub.jpg

I used the face wash once and it was pretty good, really cleansed my face without drying out and the smell was nice. Just a shame about the price tag! Never tried the scrub though, so curious to know what that's like. Not curious on the price though lol

Back
Top Bottom