FA Cup

Nice 2-0 win vs the scum (Arsenal fan) with the aid of Danny Rose's slip up.

Didn't have to work too hard for the win mind, hope Theo is ok after being stretchered off, lol at his 2-0 gesture to the scum fans!

Tall_Paul said:
How have your team done today?

My team (Sheffield United) won away at Villa. I'm chuffed to bits, what a cracking result!

Up the Blades!

Sir, I no longer wish to discuss this topic with you! LOL Well done the Blades.

Ulster Geordie, Toon Toon!

DPTC said:
Nice 2-0 win vs the scum (Arsenal fan) with the aid of Danny Rose's slip up.

Didn't have to work too hard for the win mind, hope Theo is ok after being stretchered off, lol at his 2-0 gesture to the scum fans!

Do we have to use the word scum on a shaving forum? Save it for the footie forums.

Better than us all over the pitch today we were lucky to get nil!

Latics play Liverpool today - I fear that we are going to get hammered but time will tell. How's Jose Baxter doing for you chaps? (Sheffield U)

fozz77 said:
No good, beat two nil by Rochdale. Great win for Rochdale & its what the FA cup is about.

How's Matt Smith doing for Leeds?

Fido said:
I'm just left with memories of Pompey's last cup win. But what a price was paid for it.

We had a good debate on the United messageboard about this, Peter.

The question asked was would we take the success Pompey had if it meant we ended up where you are at the moment.

After years of dross and disappointment served up by a succession of cretinous chairman and bad luck that only seems to happen to us the answer was pretty much a resounding 'Yes'!

Easy to say when you're not in that position of course, but I'd love to see my team have a bit of success rather than hold the record for most playoff final defeats, sell any decent player whenever any team comes knocking with a pathetic offer and get relegated from seemingly impossible positions (I'm sure we've been cursed).

United will always be my team, but it does get a bit wearing sometimes!

While it was happening it was brilliant. But now we know what it was achieved through reckless financial mismanagement it leaves a nasty taste. If we end up out of the league that would mean we paid too high a price for short term success. All we can hope for is to survive in League 2 and then better days.

Well done to Sheffield United.

Despite Paul Lambert saying that he could do without the FA Cup he put out a side that was 'on paper' strong enough to win. However his apathy translated to the players. That doesnt take away from United who played some cracking football with a greater desire.

Its a shame when finishing a place or two higher in the prem and the increase bonus comes before an exciting cup run.

If I was a player I'd be much more proud to show my grandkids a FA Cup finallists medal win or lose than pointing to an historical table from 2014 that showed I finished 14 in the Premier League.

Good luck to all those that got through to the next round.

Re: RE: FA Cup

Fido said:
While it was happening it was brilliant. But now we know what it was achieved through reckless financial mismanagement it leaves a nasty taste. If we end up out of the league that would mean we paid too high a price for short term success. All we can hope for is to survive in League 2 and then better days.

I agree with you there. Dropping out of the league would be too high a price for me as well.

ChopperHarris said:
Latics play Liverpool today - I fear that we are going to get hammered but time will tell. How's Jose Baxter doing for you chaps? (Sheffield U)

fozz77 said:
No good, beat two nil by Rochdale. Great win for Rochdale & its what the FA cup is about.

How's Matt Smith doing for Leeds?

Could be better. Some of that is poor service. Until we get some good wide players I feel he would be better suited as a sub. Come on and terrorize the defence & hopefully notch one or two.

Back
Top Bottom