F1 Channel

Boab

Administrator
Staff Member
LeJog 2022 Finisher
I switched the new sky f1 channel on tonight, they are showing a timelapse of a car build at the Williams garage. It looks as clean as an operating theatre (probably cleaner actually) Interesting stuff, looks like they will be showing the practices live as well as all the races.

I have to admit that I am very upset still about sky getting the f1.I am gutted that I will miss out on half the races, but hey such is life and the highlights will have to do.guess it means no more brundle.

The Sky coverage of the winter practices on the web has been better than the BBC so far. I'm looking forward to the sky coverage as the three amigos on the BBC get right on my tits.

Brundle is on sky along with Ted Kravitz and Damon Hill and a few other names I can't remember, I think they have a couple of the five live presenters as well.

Yes I agree that the ad timing will be what swings it. ITV didn't do a good job of it but then again I find ITV coverage of anything looks cheap.

I will have to make do with iPlayer repeats.......I was so incensed when the Beeb sold off F1 I cancelled my TV license. Had not been watching live TV other than F1 on the iPlayer so thought why pay contacted the BBC and found I did not need to pay for a license unless watching live or recording live content.
Rant over :mad::mad:
Regards,
Pete
ps Red Bull will win any way !!!

I love F1, but I'm not paying a penny to Murdoch/Sky so they can shove it. I'm not even watching it on the BBC this season as I'm that disgusted with it all.

Ian

Eagerly waiting for the SkyGo App to be updated with the F1 channel.

I share my Brothers account and plug the iPad into the big screen and Bob's ya uncle!

IanM said:
I love F1, but I'm not paying a penny to Murdoch/Sky so they can shove it. I'm not even watching it on the BBC this season as I'm that disgusted with it all.

Ian

Have to agree with you there. I wouldn't line that mans pocket, pure scum. SWMBO said before Christmas to get sky, mainly for me she's nice like that. The phone hacking kicked off and that was too much for me. I won't even allow a red top in the house now.

I'll watch the BBC coverage but I am disappointed with the BBC as their coverage has always been the best. It's not going to be the same this season.

Fido said:
Sky coverage of most sports is top notch. So much more time can be available. Timing of ads during races will be critical.

Not really a fan but I read there were to be no ads during races.

jaycey said:
I share my Brothers account and plug the iPad into the big screen and Bob's ya uncle!

You can get full HD over Wifi? Good idea.

jaycey said:

You can get full HD over Wifi? Good idea.
[/quote]

Skygo is not having Hd coverage so it will be blown up sd on that, i had to get sky a few years ago to watch rugby league as its not available anywhere else :icon_sad:.

IanM said:
In fairness, my annoyance isn't just with Sky and the BBC, a certain Mr. Ecclestone is at the root of it.

Ian

Bernie is certainly a divisive character, but he certainly has done a tremendous amount of good for the sport, whether it be safety, getting TV companies to show it in the first place, promoting it etc. Sadly, some of his methods and decisions haven't been popular - not that popularity bothers him much - but he has in recent years started to make decisions based more on making enough to support his feckless daughters after he's gone than on the best interests of the sport, IMO.

As regards the Sky deal, I suppose it was inevitable, and at least there is still coverage of all rounds free-to-air, albeit some of the classic venues will be highlights-only on the BBC. As far as I'm concerned, the insistence on going to Bahrain next month despite all that's happened there recently is much worse - what next, the Syrian GP?:mad:

Back
Top Bottom