EXJ New kid on the block

Mike Smart

Supporter
Supporter
Guys iv posted this on the acquisition section but thought i would stick it here.
As you’ll see iv bought this Razor of ebay,
iv got my fair share of crap like the rest of us but after emailing the seller he’s assured me this is all Stainless.
At £4.99 i’m finding it difficult to believe so i’ll see how it goes when it arrives.
I only bought it as i liked the handle.
The handle also comes in a few different colours.
How crap can it actually be for £5 surely it should do a job.
Unfortunately i won’t be home to test it out but i should be home in a couple of weeks.
This is a new company just starting out with ebay they have told me the price is introductory and said the price will go up.
Normally if something is to good to be true then it’s to good to be true
Time will tell i guess

IMG_2960.png

Here’s a link if anyone wants more details.
I’m not promoting this nor do i know the people so buy at your own risk but at a fiver it’s hardly a risk
im more curious as to whether it’s stainless or not

I have bought one too. I am not bothered about the material of the handle. I like the design and the fact that the baseplate has an open comb on one side and a closed comb on the other.
There are other handle designs they're offering that are more expensive, but you can get a pink handle for the same £5 delivered if you prefer!
I'll post my photos and review here when I get it and this may be before you get home, @Mike Smart

I have bought one too. I am not bothered about the material of the handle. I like the design and the fact that the baseplate has an open comb on one side and a closed comb on the other.
There are other handle designs they're offering that are more expensive, but you can get a pink handle for the same £5 delivered if you prefer!
I'll post my photos and review here when I get it and this may be before you get home, @Mike Smart
That’s good i’ll be interested in your thoughts.
The pink ones not for me although it might match my dress at the weekend ;)
i’ll stick with the silver thank you lol.
It does seem to good to be true but as i say they are telling me it’s all stainless & who am i to argue

I've had that head (PIF'd it ... and kept the Taqi Flipside which is the same concept). It was as good as any of those R89 copies.

ADCreHd-clouPd-RAtzU6PZWozGgxtDKxj855PiHABAeCnefqbj6GZo2r1BHw6iBmBZujnbaMqIW8R7W-E_Rmxp_y8hpt79vMilpacKF2KRVLZrB_Fv9wv-MbHalHk42DBkSS8qEgZgcEWcfvZ43GbaLXVZIrA=w800

I had one of these:

The Fendrihan this copies (https://www.fendrihan.com/collectio...eel-open-closed-comb-double-edge-safety-razor) was fairly aggressive, but pretty well made.

The TR201 that copies it didn't feel like it clamped the blade very well, so it felt maybe even more aggressive. It was also funny that they chose to use a handle that couldn't get quite screwed on to the bottom of the base plate, but only to one of the ridges at the bottom.

Kept the handle, got rid of the head.

The MKII Fendrihan SS head is actually fairly nice. Feels like aj EJ DE89 head.

W
I had one of these:

The Fendrihan this copies (https://www.fendrihan.com/collectio...eel-open-closed-comb-double-edge-safety-razor) was fairly aggressive, but pretty well made.

The TR201 that copies it didn't feel like it clamped the blade very well, so it felt maybe even more aggressive. It was also funny that they chose to use a handle that couldn't get quite screwed on to the bottom of the base plate, but only to one of the ridges at the bottom.

Kept the handle, got rid of the head.

The MKII Fendrihan SS head is actually fairly nice. Feels like aj EJ DE89 head.
Are these Razors Stainless?

My one of these arrived today and I have mixed feelings.
The handle is a brass colour and feels like there’s some weight there.
The head is not the best, it’s very light and the edge of the closed come side has some roughness as it hasn’t been finished properly.
Luckily I have a vintage Gillette brass coloured head I can put on it.

Dave.

The head is not the best, it’s very light and the edge of the closed come side has some roughness as it hasn’t been finished properly.

Dave.
Sounds a bit disappointing
but i guess i shouldn’t think it was going to be any better than that.
It was the handle i like so hopefully something worth keeping

Dave.
I got mine today too and I haven't shaved with it yet (it arrived after today's shave). Mine has poor finish on the head and a baseplate although seems functional.
The handle seems pretty good. A slightly bronze colour.

Some photos to follow

PXL_20231026_131705876.jpg

The burrs and scratches on the head and baseplate I expect on a cheap razor.
The handle doesn't appear to be plated or coated.

Here's a photo of the blade position. Blade seems to sit straight and equal exposure on either side.

I will shave with it tomorrow and post my thoughts on here.

Back
Top Bottom