Exclusive: A hands-on, first look at the Blackland Blackbird razor

The best razor I own is the King Cobra. If the reviewer rates it as highly as that then I'm getting even more impatient to get my hands on it.

Well done Shane.

Certainly re-whets the appetite does that review, lengthy and verbose as it is.

Would TSN really, actually take it down, in the Land of the Free, because you used Kickstarter? Weird!

Just came across this thread and pre-ordered, what the ETA Shane?
Also just reading through the thread, any chance of altering my postage cost, think I payed full whack thank you.

Last edited:
Hey Shane, with the new machining, has the edge ofthe safety bar been slightly rounded at all now?

Very, very slightly. It's not sharp to the touch, but is still pointy. If you take too steep an angle, the bar will still be an annoyance which I think is a good reason to keep the proper angle. :)

Just came across this thread and pre-ordered, what the ETA Shane?
Also just reading through the thread, any chance of altering my postage cost, think I payed full whack thank you.

Thanks Avnish! I can be pretty flexible with combining items to save on shipping. I raised the international shipping cost to offer fully tracked shipping. The real cost is about $40, but that's just insane to ask customers to pay. Let me know how you want to move forward and I'm sure we can work something out! :)

Thanks Avnish! I can be pretty flexible with combining items to save on shipping. I raised the international shipping cost to offer fully tracked shipping. The real cost is about $40, but that's just insane to ask customers to pay. Let me know how you want to move forward and I'm sure we can work something out! :)

Oh wow, sorry I must have misunderstood I thought the shipping was lowered to 10 dollars, no need to worry I'm happy to pay 20 given the reduction already.

Oh wow, sorry I must have misunderstood I thought the shipping was lowered to 10 dollars, no need to worry I'm happy to pay 20 given the reduction already.

No problem! Sorry for the misunderstanding. That was for the razor/brush stand. For international customers who already purchased a razor, it's an additional $15 in shipping(rather than $25) for the stand due to it's added weight and size.

No problem! Sorry for the misunderstanding. That was for the razor/brush stand. For international customers who already purchased a razor, it's an additional $15 in shipping(rather than $25) for the stand due to it's added weight and size.
Understood thanks for clearing that up, any idea on when it will be ready to ship the razor looks very nice :)

Understood thanks for clearing that up, any idea on when it will be ready to ship the razor looks very nice :)

As we now stand, it's looking good to start shipping in about a month. I'm becoming increasingly confident that US customers will receive theirs before Christmas. For international customers, I'm hopeful for a pre-Christmas delivery, but that all depends on how the folks at customs are feeling on any given day.

Back
Top Bottom