Exclusive: A hands-on, first look at the Blackland Blackbird razor

Thanks, that looks nice. Although after seeing that I now regret not buying myself one of those.

If I could find a second gen SB (with the rounded base plate corners) with both short and long handle in coating I might even consider parting with my Wolfman razor. Love the look, thanks for the pictures!

Last edited:
In view of the above....I would think you should expect a deluge of incoming.

There is, presumably, a queue forming in your INBOX already by people wanting to relieve you of the Wolfman. If there isn't then I'd like to start the queue. And, re. the Blackbird, yes, I know what you mean. I'm currently using a (loaned) black oxide long handle Blackbird and can see why the popularity...except, for me, the drag caused by the black finish is too much, and I prefer a shorter handle - as in the one they now despatch when buying new.

Would love to see some more shots of the the patina on those coated blackbirds

Mine is starting to show some nice wear on the head. Hard to capture in a photo but you might be able to tell.
48b73b1dc5304bbde79c2e44adf4ad7e.jpg

In view of the above....I would think you should expect a deluge of incoming.

There is, presumably, a queue forming in your INBOX already by people wanting to relieve you of the Wolfman. If there isn't then I'd like to start the queue. And, re. the Blackbird, yes, I know what you mean. I'm currently using a (loaned) black oxide long handle Blackbird and can see why the popularity...except, for me, the drag caused by the black finish is too much, and I prefer a shorter handle - as in the one they now despatch when buying new.

I stayed away from a finish on the top end, and went for the raw head/ black handle. Mine was the original Kickstarter model, and I've stoned off the sharp edges and polished the top cap myself, as I have the "gear" to do that.

I also have a Wolfman s/s CC, which I waited a year for.

Both are superb razors, and I have neither as a favourite. I do like a long-ish handle, and the one on my Blackbird is as near perfect in length, diameter and grip (as the Actress said to the Bishop).

Back
Top Bottom