Eversharp razor, any one has info on this SE

I found what seems to be a rather rare single edge razor, a EverSharp.

Probably by Schick, it's more aggressive then a 1912 but for me gives a even better shave.

Should anybody have more info about this make I would love to hear about it.

0gvjTYT.jpg

qmd3Yde.jpg

xVx7r66.jpg

Definitely not a Schick, That's a 1912 model, or more accurately a variant of the 1912 model. .Hard to say for sure for with the angle of these pictures, but it looks to be one of the rarer rounded head 1912 models......Some people say they get a different shave form the rounded head model compared to the standard model......I've heard of one of these razors turning up before over in the States....But I've never seen a picture of one never mind one in the flesh.......So they are rare ! I would hazard a guess that its either manufactured by GEM or Ever ready.. Probably the latter ! Ever Ready----Ever Sharp....Yeah sounds good ! MMMMMMMmmmmmm..... Just a guess !

But then again, some Ever Ready models were made in the USA by GEM......Could be a GEM Ever ready model.....

Billy

Greetings

I am completely at a loss to come up with anything at all about this razor. I have never seen one before and it would seem that nobody on The Original Safety Two forum has ever seen one, this makes it probably the second rarest razor that I have ever seen.

The razor is quite clearly and obviously a 1912 clone even the handle is exactly the same as many made by both GEM and Ever Ready both in the USA and the UK on 1912 razors and on 1914 models.

The puzzle is who are Eversharp, to my knowledge and as far as I can establish, Eversharp that we all know of ie the company that Schick became never made a 'normal' SE razor of any type, the spelling is exactly the same.

I am also unable to find any written (or other) evidence of GEM or Ever Ready ever marketing a 1912 razor under anything other than their own names, so who were Eversharp, and what (if anything else) did they make?

Regards
Dick.

I don't think their is any connection to EVER SHARP Schick Injector Razors that came out after the company take over in 1946....

If you look at the image below you will see a box with the Ever Ready Logo that is the same design that is inside this mystery1912....

The Company Logo in the box below is exactly the same design that's inside the razor above ........ Ever Sharp ........Ever Ready.......Must have been some sort of marketing or limited edition job ...... angel:

MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmm:huh:

Billy

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    55.7 KB · Views: 22
Wow! That is a curveball :D

What does the back of the razor look like? Does it have the "1912" date around the hole for the handle thread? Is there any indication of where it was made? US? Britain?

Clones and under license production did happen, as evidenced by the RADIO and the Oxford.

The back of the razor has nothing on it, no indication where it was made but I got it from someone in the US who said it was a Schick Eversharp, couldn't get any more info out of him.

KsCnWlR.jpg

Fergiebilly said:
but it looks to be one of the rarer rounded head 1912 models......Some people say they get a different shave form the rounded head model compared to the standard model.....

I do have a few 1912's with a rounded head and this Eversharp shaves differently compared to those, so there must be something about the build that's different.

Back
Top Bottom