Eveready haul

I took a punt on these recently as a job lot, the online picture wasn't bad but not very detailed, to be honest I expected some plating issues etc but apart from one very small bit missing on a 1912 handle end and thumb button top there's nothing.
I thought there was a 'Streamline' and a stropper in there but wasn't 100% sure , so it was nice to see I wasn't wrong!
29bcbk7.jpg

I'd never really noticed before but the marking /script inside and out on the right hand end 1912 is a slightly larger and different font if you look closely...honest it is!
a3hyiw.jpg

skxnkh.jpg

The stropper;
2u8jojr.jpg

2hf1bp2.jpg

28iaq15.jpg

and a couple more including the Streamline;
9zy5nk.jpg

27yakgn.jpg

2qb5fll.jpg

jtqujs.jpg

25fr1ic.jpg

5mwfw0.jpg

last few;
296k51e.jpg

28ulpug.jpg

mja4pl.jpg

20r1h53.jpg

The Streamline and the stropper both have the heavier nickel plated handles not the later??? alloy ones.

The blade shown is a British made 'Star' that I acvquired recently in a job lot of blades, it was NOS but didn't look that great ...so I cleaned it carefully, honed on and old Valet strop pasted with 'Autosol' then stropped it with a very good Valet strop 10 or so times and got a decent shave in three passes...winner now to find some more NOS single edged carbon blades!!!

What a great haul! The chap you got them from obviously liked that handle. While not absolutely right due to the handle, the Streamline is still an excellent shave whatever it sits on.

You spotted subtle differences in the font and placement of the words on the 1912s. It's a real puzzle and a lot of fun to those of us who are addicted to 1912s.

Are some of the handles lighter than others? From the pictures it looks like you have some of the older heavy handles and some newer light aluminium.

In all, you've got a cracking set there. Enjoy them!

I also see you bough the Cussons pot. I saw one online and considered making a bit. I bought a Dubarry Bakelite instead.

Enjoy!

The Chubby Cussons pot still has the shaving soap in, it was a car boot find a while ago...I've seen sets with both the stropper and 'streamline' both had the handles pictured and with the chain link handle too in what look like original sets? On www.ostropper.com.we're they ever widely sold with those handles?

Back
Top Bottom