Evening

New user alert.

Started off 25 (ish) years ago shaving with proper blades then went through a phase of cheap disposables but been back on proper blades for last couple of years.

Two basic razors but awaiting arrival of an EJ89 and a badger brush. Been using TOBS Lemon & Lime for about 8 months and just received a top up tub.

Blade wise, got a mixed pack from Connaught that i'm working through and might get a Lord mixed pack as well to try some of those out.

Been reading the forum for a few days to get a feel and see that loads pack certain equipment for holidays...pity i normally only take hand luggage and end up having to take a battery shaver.

Jeltz said:
Welcome

Have you tried a bic sensitive (cheap orange disposable things) available all over the place and IMO much under rated.

Got a few BIC ones hanging around just in case i run out of blades (doubt that'll happen) so will use them as and when so i don't waste them.

jon_hall said:
Jeltz said:
Welcome

Have you tried a bic sensitive (cheap orange disposable things) available all over the place and IMO much under rated.

Got a few BIC ones hanging around just in case i run out of blades (doubt that'll happen) so will use them as and when so i don't waste them.
I was meaning while abroad :)

Jeltz said:
jon_hall said:
Jeltz said:
Welcome

I was meaning while abroad :)

Didn't think you could take disposable these days? Got told a few years back that you couldn't. Would be bleeding helpful if i could.

Not, sure not flown for years, I was thinking that they would be easily available abroad, but might be worth trying as its only pennies lost if they take them at check in.

You can take disposeable or cartridge razors in hand luggage now. It's just DE blades that are verboten.

Nice choice of cream Jon, I think TOBS do some bloody good ones, I'm working my way through a tube of lavender. The EJ series of razors are also a bloody good choice.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Yeah, done that in Greece a few years back when i was there for a week and a half. Not sure if worth it for the sake of a week or less.

Canuck, if that is true then a couple of disposables might be packed in future along with brush and palmolive stick.

Thanks for the welcome people.

Yeah, even the ultra strict TSA in the US of A allow cartridges now.

I always recommend the Sensor if you can still get hold of one, many independent chemists still stock a few. It's about as close as a cartridge gets to a DE shave IMO.

Back
Top Bottom