Evening Skincare Routine

Being OCD I have purchased a £1300.00 skincare collection. I haven't really been applying anything recently due to the pandemic. However, my current contract expires soon and I will have to start having interviews. So I am formulating a new skincare routine to look younger and fresher...

PM routine

Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate serum, an Azelaic acid derivative.
10% Niacinamide serum with 2% Oxygeskin and 3% Evermat
La Roche-Posay Rosaliac AR Intense Serum
Nivea Q10 + Vitamin C Skin Sleep Cream - for my eye area
And CeraVe Moisturising Cream. I have another Moisturising Cream from Bioderma on order.

I am also applying Camellia seed oil with Peppermint EO to my scalp.

I suffer from Rosacea, large pores and baldness.

I need to plan an am routine.

Yes, Toby I am not a girl...

Do you use (or have tried) tretinoin before?

I also have quite large pore on my nose...like "strawberry skin"...any suggestions on anything that worked for you with large pores?

Niacinamide reduces the appearance of pores. I use the Beauty Pie serum which requires a subscription, but most brands have a version. I probably have 6 different brands. I would go for The Ordinary version at £5.50 it's probably in your local Boots.

Salicylic acid would also be good, I use Geek and Gorgeous but it's available from the Ordinary too.

I have tried Tretinoin in a Dermatica prescription but the level was so low. I will try again as I have 5 pumps to get through.
Encapsulated Retinol from Beauty Pie gave me the usual Retinol adverse reaction. Again I will try again using the moisturising cream sandwich method.

I also had great success with a Licorice root serum from Korea, but it might be hard to get. I imported mine from Hong Kong.

Last edited:
Simple rose water? You could get something "cosmetic" or simply KTC brand (for cooking) from the supermarket for literally nowt. Splash on as per an aftershave and let it dry naturally.
I have Rose water, but according to Dr Dray you should not use it...

I am going to replace the La Roche-Posay Rosaliac AR Intense Serum with the It's Skin LI Effector 10 Licorice root serum for a couple of evenings...

20220304_200450.jpg

I am using the Salicylic acid in the morning.

I'm certainly no dermatologist so my challenge is unfounded but I can't imagine all those products being good for your skin? Could they not potentially exacerbate the problem(s)?

PY1uZqy.jpg

I have added Zinc PCA serum and will add Copper Peptides too. I need to split the serums into AM and PM, although only the Copper Peptides is probably PM only...

My skin is looking better.

Sounds like a lot of hassle to me.
Sometimes i stick a bit of balm on or moisturiser
same thing i guess
Sometimes i forget &
sometimes i just done care.
Shaving Time is my time for a pamper
Two many routines would do my nut in

Sounds like a lot of hassle to me.
Sometimes i stick a bit of balm on or moisturiser
same thing i guess
Sometimes i forget &
sometimes i just done care.
Shaving Time is my time for a pamper
Two many routines would do my nut in
I have severe Rosacea and texture, if you don't then good for you.

I have settled on the following fir the time being:

AM
Alpha Arbutin, Kojic acid,
Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate and Niacinamide
Azelaic acid/Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate
Licorice root
Tranexamic acid

PM
1 - 4 times a week
Alpha Arbutin and Niacinamide
Licorice root
2 - twice a week
Tretinoin 0.006%, Niacinamide 4%, Azelaic Acid 4%
Adapalene
Ferulic Acid and Resveratrol
The Tretinoin is so low I am using it with a small tube of Differin gel I picked up.
3 - once a week
Salicylic acid
Alpha Arbutin and Niacinamide
Licorice root

Stating the obvious Sabre and I'm sure that you have done this probably many times, but your dermatologist is the best one to give out advice, but I do realise with acute skin conditions as with any acute medical conditions you are willing to give anything a go to try solve the issue and unfortunately there are many people out there who are willing to exploit people unfortunate enough to suffer these conditions.
Sometimes someone does stumble upon something that they swear by works for them and it cofounds everyone (even those in the medical professions), but these situations as we know are extremely rare; but I really do hope that you find something that works well for you; all the very best with your quest.

Reactions: PHR
Back
Top Bottom