Evening Shaves

Another evening shaver here. I like to relax and take my time and the morning is too rushed otherwise.

I normally shave about 9pm. However, I have ruined a pillowcase with bloodspots!

Norseman said:
With two kids at 1.5 and 3.5 years of age, there is not enough time in the mornings

Mine are 2 and 4 years of age, so slightly older but the same age gap. For the same reasons I usually shave in the evening, I can take my time and not get constantly interrupted.

I've always been a predominantly
evening shaver. Being a shift worker I find it a bit impractical to have a shave at 5:00am. The only time I shave in the morning is when I come off nightshift. There's no actual requirement for me to go to work clean shaven as I work as a mech/elec in a maintenance crew and most of the lads look like Ben Gunn on a bad hair day for most of the week. I've always considered shaving to be a pampering thing that should take a good half hour.

I'm an evening shaver too.. I have fair hair so shadow isnt an issue for me.

My routine is:

Home from work, jump in the shower, jump out of the shower, put the plug in, leave the bath running for my wife to come and bath our daughter, then have a nice shave while my wife bath's our daughter (who is only 2 years old BTW).

I just have to answer "what you doing daddy" 100 times per shave.

As much as i love them dearly, its sometimes nice to have the bathroom to myself and on those occasions i wait until my duaghter is in bed and my wife is watching some truly awful TV soap or something.

Maddog said:
I just have to answer "what you doing daddy" 100 times per shave.

I know what you mean, I'm normally having a shave whilst my youngest (8) is cleaning her teeth for bed. Each time a lather up it's "How many times is that Daddy?", "Does it hurt?", "Ow you're bleeding".

I usually shave in the evening, once the little 'un is in bed. The only rel exception is when I have been running or cycling. Then I tend to shave during my shower when I get home, so the could be any time of day or night.

Evening shaves are less rushed than morning shaves for me. This means less chance of a rough shave, and more opportunity for my face to recover before work if something goes wrong. It hardly ever happens, but Sod's law says if it does it will always be on the worst possible day!

By the way, I have found that it's good to shave before going swimming. The chlorine, I guess, works relly well after a shave.

another for evening shave here

i find it easier to have MY time in the bathroom
3 kids in bed

as one man said she can watch awful stuff on tv while i indulge ;)

win win

Pretty new to the game but I've opted for evening shaves so far. Like a few others I have two kids so mornings can be pretty hectic. I take some gentle music into the bathroom, shut the door and really unwind after a days excitement. Bliss!
A splash of smells or decent AS balm seals the deal before bed beckons.

Looking forward to getting home, it's shave night!

I always shave in the evening and I find it very relaxing to do, as I don't need watch the time because I have plenty off time in the evening and if I might mess up then it will be mostly healed the next morning. I think if I was to shave in the morning then I would have less sleep which would effect me on work.

I only put some new aftershave balm on in the next morning to let skin recover more.

Its a mixture for me... i tend to shave only every second day, and as such that'll normally be a Tuesday and Thursday. I then wont shave again until Sunday, at which point I do it in the evening. Thats up for change though, if i know I have a big day ahead, i'll usually opt for an evening shave and save myself the time in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom