Euro 2016

OK, I know it's a slow Friday evening - but I just caught this on the BBC Sport web page - "Gareth Bale: Wales have great chance to win Euro 2016".

That stands about as much chance as England winning the 2015 Rugby World Cup.

Fair play to Gareth for keeping the spirit going - but there are times when you have to limit your ambition to platitudes like 'we are her to win - not just make the numbers up'. Unfortunately, he said that in the same interview.

The Irish (fans) will be there to party. If we win a game it'll be a bonus. If we get out of the group the entire country will go mental. Whatever happens after that will just help extend the beering session.

Roy Keane won't be happy, but we all just giggle at him now.

Til the national football team learn to keep the ball better and control games vs the big guns in major tournaments I don't think they have a hope of winning it, on paper the talent and potential is there but when it comes to the acid test they aren't up to it!

The Irish (fans) will be there to party. If we win a game it'll be a bonus. If we get out of the group the entire country will go mental. Whatever happens after that will just help extend the beering session.

Roy Keane won't be happy, but we all just giggle at him now.

I'd like to see Keane on Sky, if only to show Rednapp how to grow a beard.

Not sure I've ever know a man as intense as Roy Keane, even when he cracks a joke he's stone faced. He was a good 'un in his prime, I often wondered what might have been in 2002 when he went home and we went out against Spain on penos in the last 16.

Like a young Brian Blessed -

922824.jpg

Gotta love RK -

Last edited:
Ha ha classic, compared to most of the anodyne talking heads he's a breathe of fresh air.

Hope he's still a pundit in some capacity during the Euros, that might depend on how far you go of course.

Looking at the group we got, I'd say there's a fair chance he could be back in a pundit seat for the knock-out stages. You never know though, we did beat the World Champions during qualification :)

Ireland are in a strong group - probably the strongest - but what an onodyne competition with no strong European nations. Where are the French, or Netherlands, or Spain, or Italy? from the look of it, England could win the competition. Now that would be a turn up for the book.

England are now under massive pressure the expectation will become a very heavy burden come the finals in June as usual England will crumble Wales and Russia to go through yet another England coach bites the dust. PS what a stage for Bale and Ramsey to shine Wales v England.

Back
Top Bottom