Escape From Colditz Castle: Your Help Needed

What ho chaps! Apologies for the recent radio silence but Jerry downed my Spit in a dogfight over the Channel then hauled me off to Colditz. It's bloody cold here and my shaving kit isn't up to much. Only ice-cold water. Dropped my Semogue 1520 and damn it if those Jerry paving stones didn't crack and chip it all to blazes. So I need to smuggle some new supplies from Blighty and that's where I need your help. A POW's life is no laughing matter you know. If you could help me to choose a new brush though it would ease the pain somewhat. And I'd be jolly grateful. A good all-rounder would be nice because I like to cream, soap and face shave. Quite fancy something that will do all three and don't want to pay a lot. Something in badger perhaps? The boar didn't produce much lather really. All ideas gratefully received. Oh and which has the closest barbershop smell: Old Spice Cologne or Tabac? Herr Hitler quite likes a splash of Speick we hear. Well he'll be getting more than a splash by the time this war's over. Never give up, never ever give up!

Try the 404 mix from Diamond Edge Ltd Captain, it is a boar/badger hair brush for less than a tenner and good value.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5931</a><!-- l -->

I would go for a New Forest brush, try the 2201 knot, it´s an excellent value (like all of Peters brushes).

Check out Fidos/New Forest blog if there´s any for sale ...

Horsehair knots seem to me to make beautiful all-rounders; try a Vie Long or Tres Clavelles.
  • Juan at Gifts&Care.com has some, and he's a great with whom to deal.
      • ... and almost as quickly delivers as Paul at Connaught.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

I always feel the Olde Spice has more of a Brit "Salty sea dog" kinda open air scent than the Boche Tabac stuff meself. & as the O.S. now seems to be mainly Indian sourced it reminds us who still feel we live in G.B. rather than U.K. Ltd. of those fine days of the Raj, Pig (not to be confuddlied with PigCAT) sticking, G & Ts, punkah wallahs and bygone glories of the Bengal Lancers. Ah me, Lord bless Brigardier F. Ingall ............. truly the last of the Bengal Lancers.

Must close, feel one of my episodes recurring again.

JohnnyO. \ :(

Arrowhead said:
Erm ... New Forest is the best value I know of. Fido will advise no doubt, if you PM him.

Sorry Arrowhead, you seem rather sane to be found wandering in this thread , take it you must have taken a wrong turning . I do believe that you wish to return to normality in this direction >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

JohnnyO. ;)

Back
Top Bottom