England World Cup 2014 squad

UKRob said:
DPTC said:
Cos the shape of the team changes. 4-4-2 is hardly the same as 4-5-1/4-3-3.
So what is the shape when your right back takes a trip up the wing and crosses for Gerrard (playing at the base of a midfield diamond) to score when ghosting in at the back post?

The same as it was if players cover for each other!

Not good to see the Ox injured, Wilshere needs more game time as the pressure's on him now to perform regularly.

Rooney doesn't belong on the left, neither does Milner at right-back. Centre back pairing last night was dodgy. Jones and Smalling were exposed a few times.

As for the Sterling red card it was a bit harsh, why Valencia reacted like that I don't know, a simple finger wag and a "watch it son, otherwise I'll kick your arse..." would've sufficed.

DPTC said:
As for the Sterling red card it was a bit harsh, why Valencia reacted like that I don't know, a simple finger wag and a "watch it son, otherwise I'll kick your arse..." would've sufficed.

10425138_227677214108542_8865454804913315938_n.jpg

DPTC said:
UKRob said:
DPTC said:
So what is the shape when your right back takes a trip up the wing and crosses for Gerrard (playing at the base of a midfield diamond) to score when ghosting in at the back post?

It would be interesting testing how good you are at spotting formations be stopping the action in some old games - you then have to decide what the nominal formation was. Impossible in my opinion.

In reality it exists only on a piece of paper and, more often than not, something concocted on the sports desk of your daily. In practice, chaos theory reigns on the pitch.

The Wasp said:
Watching England v Honduras just now, and can't believe Andy Townsend actually gets paid for talking so much pish..

i cant believe someone thought it was a good idea to organise a friendly 7 days before the world cup starts against a bunch of cloggers like honduras. absolutely mental.

UKRob said:
DPTC said:
UKRob said:
DPTC said:

It would be interesting testing how good you are at spotting formations be stopping the action in some old games - you then have to decide what the nominal formation was. Impossible in my opinion.

In reality it exists only on a piece of paper and, more often than not, something concocted on the sports desk of your daily. In practice, chaos theory reigns on the pitch.

If I got a good camera angle then its usually alright!

Back
Top Bottom