England Vs Scotland

Who's watching the game tonight? Any predictions? Hopefully not the same score as last night with the under 21s. Think Scotland might have a chance as I don't think England look too hot up front at the moment, could be wrong though. I'm going for a 1-2 for Scotland. Mon the Scots.

pugh-the-special-one said:
Watching two third rate football teams play and before we get on our high horse that also includes Wales and Ireland play hardly gets the blood racing now does it.

Ok. They're all a bit shit at the moment but they've not played since 1999 which is a shame as it should be an annual friendly fixture. I've not seen this much for a friendly before. Scott Brown of Celtic said it's a bigger game than they're game against Juventus in the knockout stages of the Champions League last season. Just shows you how important this is to the Scotland team.

The scots will be dining out on this snippet for years and telling their grand kids

"I was there when we took the lead against England"

Twice

UKRob said:
The look on Hodgson's face when Lamert scored seemed to say 'Shit, I might actually have to pick him in a proper squad now'.

Another rickets, Kevin Davies, nugent etc

Both Defoe and Carroll ahead of him

joegress said:
Al H said:
The scots will be dining out on this snippet for years and telling their grand kids

"I was there when we took the lead against England"

Twice

:icon_rolleyes:

Roll eyes? I thought the scots could take a joke

I didn't here many boos for flower of Scotland
Didn't surprise me to here boos for Britain and England's national anthem.

It was a pretty good game to watch, and fortunately we managed to not get humped for a change.

I missed the start so never heard the anthems, but I think it's pretty poor that people boo at them. Regardless of what the team or country is there is no need for it and goes to show that some people still can't grow up. By the way, did they play three anthems? One for Scotland, one for Britain, and one for England?

ps
Yes I can take a joke, the roll eyes smiley should have been accompanied with some text to let you know I wasn't being serious. I can't get serious about football, rugby on the other hand is a different story :)

Back
Top Bottom