England v India

Just goes to show. The skipper could have walked or been sacked. He stays put, get's dropped at 15 and goes on to make 95 and 70 not out. Then makes all the right calls a Captain. It's the luck element that makes sport the exciting spectacle it is. Now what's next? Back to the Commonwealth Games.

UKRob said:
If there is anyone commentating and writing on sport who is more annoying than Geoffrey Boycott, I've yet to come across him or her. What a complete and utter wanker.

Rob, I have to say I pretty much agree with you. He has become a caricature of the Grumpy Yorkshireman. Some of things he says are correct in his analysis, no doubt, but the way he belittles and bullies other commentators is just unpleasant. I really, really wish that someone would ask him why he refused to play for England at a time when Lillee & Thompson were at their most menacing, and also when the West Indies pace attack contained Holding, Garner, Roberts and other mean and tasty quickies. I think he only decided to return when he saw that others (e.g Dennis Amiss) were standing up to those West Indian and Australian attacks. And I wonder how he could explain his running when Derek Randall was run out at Trent Bridge in (I think 1977). Not so clever then Geoffrey, eh?

Maybe or India have just gone off the rails. Senior players back in form and Butler is doing well, the only question seems to be over the second line bowlers but we have Stokes, Plunkett and Finn as other options.

Well there we are. What was all the fuss about. A 3-1 series win and some real signs of progress.

I won't start another thread. But I was delighted to see this. Watched most of the Finals.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/28827591

Back
Top Bottom