Electric Toothbrush

I do. It's a Braun Oral B, and I use it sparingly - once a week or so, as they can be quite aggressive and damage the surface of the teeth. I use a medium grade battery powered brush every day, as these are not too abrasive, floss weekly and finish off with a scrub using the Braun - a similar procedure to what a dental hygenist would do with a scale and polish.

Regards

Ian

I have used an electric toothbrush for years, but only because my wife kind of insisted that I use one.

If it died, I'm not sure that I would replace it, and probably go back to normal toothbrush. My teeth seemed to be just as clean with a non-electric brush.

Ian

I've already kind of damaged the surface of my front teeth, so need to take it easy.
Therefore I floss 90% of the time, the rest very easy and smooth normal toothbrush use.

Yup, use a Philips Sonic on the ivories I've got left , got it on the advice of the dental staff & it's a long time now since I've had to have any descaling or polishing work done. Way it performs I'm more likely to die before it does.

JohnnyO. :D

My dentist recommended I get one to relace my 'manual' brush about 6 years ago after some serious dental work. I've certainly required much less work on my teeth since I started using one - seems to get the teeth much cleaner!

Mrs PC is a dentist and she got given a Braun Triumph recently by a rep. I've been using it for the last few days and it does seem to clean my teeth better than when I brush with a normal toothbrush. Part of the reason could be because it buzzes every 30 seconds so I know when to move on to the next 'quarter' of my mouth. I therefore do a full two-minute clean, probably 90 seconds longer than I used to take. :oops: (One thing she's told me is that the sonic brushes (which this isn't) are thought to be too harsh on teeth) And these are rather gimmicky things - Mrs PC prefers to brush with a basic Tesco small head toothbrush and of course floss each day. And I probably shouldn't tell you this but she brushes just once a day. Decent technique should mean there isn't much need for these expensive toys. A bit like the difference between a DE and a cartridge razor I suppose. That said, I really like my Braun and will continue using it now that I've got it. :D

Yep I do I used to have an expensive one with 2 speeds and a timer, but since I only ever used one speed and never took any notice of the timer I replaced it with a basic one, when it died a couple of months ago.

lagaffe said:
My dentist recommended I get one to relace my 'manual' brush about 6 years ago after some serious dental work. I've certainly required much less work on my teeth since I started using one - seems to get the teeth much cleaner!

+1

... & SWMBA got me one as a pressie that year. I still use a manual one when the other's on the charger, especially when I forget to get it before doing pre-work ablutions, etc.

Back
Top Bottom