ebay Trumpers soap.

TeP

Hi guy's, wanted to ask if anyone else bought the Trumpers soap on sale on t'bay a month or so ago. It was the deal of 2 cakes for £7. Just started using one the other day, and although it lathers great, there is very little aroma. It supposedly was Sandlewood.

As said I can't fault it for lathering, mind you I do live in a very soft water area. Just ain't got a lot of 'stink', which is why I fancied trying it in the first place.

How strong should the scent be on these soaps? Never used this before.

i have the rose and the coconut soaps - great latherers as you say but not so strong in the scent department.

i like them but they're not on my buy again list

I got 3 for £8 delivered from some chap but he's put his prices up a tad since then. All three were coconut and although not strong in scent they are still quite nice and lather well. Not quite in the same league as MWF but good soap for the money.

Thanks guy's, just expected a bit more pong, but as I said never used this soap before. Does bring up a great lather as you say.

I have the GFT Limes cream and it's not overpowering by any means. I have no real basis for comparison as it's my first proper shaving cream but by the time you rinse, apply AS balm and a bit of splash/spray, the smell is gone.

I bought some a month ago end of the line soaps the coconut trumpers is mildly scented however, I believe this is how the standardised one is scented too

Hi, many of the shave soaps sold as 'end of line' on ebay recently from around 2011 are genuine factory closure stock.
I've sold alot of these, all mine have fresh fragrances, properly stored and kept in a dark, dry and cool place sealed and in sealed containers- which is why i don't have any problems with quality or fragrance.

No pucks should loose their fragrance if stored correctly, i have a couple of ebayers in the past buy larger volumes from me cheaply to sell on, some sellers will have also purchased them directly from the factory as i have, if those have been stored incorrectly, they would definatlely loose their scent and become dry. That would apply to any soap, factory sealed boxed or unboxed.

Even my own soaps for personal use are kept wrapped & in sealed containers.

Some fragrances are milder than others- i have a Eucris which nearly knocks your socks off when i open the container! it smells like the whole of the UK is having a shave in one place :) the Rose also has quite a strong fragrance , the coconut has a much milder coconutty scent. Sandalwoods a subtle distinctive typically Sandalwoody scent.

782sirbrian said:
I've got some coconut soap on the go. The scents ok not over powering subtle to my nose. Lathers up quite well. I load my brush heavy like I would with the MWF.

I bought some unbranded coconut soap from Ebay too, and believe it also is Trumper's (last batches of the Standard Soap factory?). For the price, I decided that I could take the gamble.

I'll report as soon as I tried it.

I have three sandalwood refills bought as genuine from eBay very cheaply. Just on last of first and I think it is lovely soap and excellent bargain. The lather is luxurious and the scent subtle and pleasant but nothing like as strong as Taylor's sandalwood which is the only comparison I can make. I keep my spares wrapped in cling film and foil and think they will give me eighteen months of use. I am well pleased but am a convert to Mitchell's wf now so won't buy more.

Back
Top Bottom